User Avatar Image

Old Time LucasArt

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

The thread dedicated to all those patrons of the pont and click games of the old time LucasArt (before they became completely focused on Star Wars). A general discussion on characters, stories and humor of the old time games like monkey isalnd, DOTT, sam & max and Grim Fandango (3-D but still a point and click game). So take a walk down memory lane and remember the good old days.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Does anyone know if there is a box set of any of the old lucas arts games? Like a special edition thingy or if there will be one?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Does anyone know if there is a box set of any of the old lucas arts games? Like a special edition thingy or if there will be one?[/quote]

This is the best they've done so far and I wouldn't hold my breath for anything better.

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/adventure/

The only other adventure games they have available right now are MI 3&4 and Grim Fandango, all available separately. A DVD with all the oldies and some extras (or at least a scummVMesque emulator to the things) would be awesome though.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

They made some other game compilations a while back that you could probably find on Ebay.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]They made some other game compilations a while back that you could probably find on Ebay.[/quote]

Good call.

• [quote]"and Grim Fandango (3-D but still a point and click game)."

I just pointed out it's not. What's the big deal?[/quote]

Grim Fandango is point and click - except you point with Manny & Click with the spacebar.

So, free fries all round...

• [quote][quote]Gee, Fop. Thanks for that information. It was very helpful.[/quote]

"and Grim Fandango (3-D but still a point and click game)."

I just pointed out it's not. What's the big deal?[/quote]
    It probably would have helped if you had included that quote with your post the first time. As it is, after twenty-something posts, it's not easy to guess at what a person is referring to, and that's even if we think they're they're TRYING to refer to something previous. Your post just looked like it came out of nowhere to state the obvious. But now I see that it wasn't exactly like that.

[quote]Grim Fandango is point and click - except you point with Manny & Click with the spacebar. [/quote] I suppose JP may have a point here, but maybe stretching the definition a bit. Oh well. Don't matter none.

• [quote] (Why doesn't DOSBOX work proper?)[/quote]

What is the problem -works like a charm for me! Do you have version 0.63? That is the newest. Also - I found for my graphics card that I have to play it in a window - not full screen. Once I did that I never had another Dosbox problem (I have WinXP Home - 2.8 GHz - GeForce 64MB). I can play everything from Kings Quest 1 to Space Quest 5 to X-wing (shudder).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote][quote] (Why doesn't DOSBOX work proper?)[/quote]

What is the problem -works like a charm for me! Do you have version 0.63? That is the newest. Also - I found for my graphics card that I have to play it in a window - not full screen. Once I did that I never had another Dosbox problem (I have WinXP Home - 2.8 GHz - GeForce 64MB). I can play everything from Kings Quest 1 to Space Quest 5 to X-wing (shudder).[/quote]

DosBox works awsome
    if its to hard to get to work
    download the D-Fend frontend :D
    which works great

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Has anyone ever tried to and/or played Bioforge with DOSBOX? If so, any luck?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

to be honest i never heard about that game.
    the official dosbox site says that it is playable & suported
    And i highly recomend the D-Fend front end.

Add Comment