User Avatar Image

Ever wish you could just slap Christa?

posted by Robert Morgan on - Viewed by 1.7K users

Everyone's already had a go at Kenny and Lily, but has Christa started to grate on your nerves in other playthroughs? Her self-righteous attitude and holier-than-thou cracks about my poor survivor skills really started to rub me the wrong way, to the point where I wish the game had let me ditch Christa and her boytoy while they were trying to hop on the train.

*"What the hell is wrong with you?! Is this how you protect your people?!"

"Nope. I just don't like you."*

42 Comments
  • I personally didn't trusted Christa the first time I saw her and Omid. There was something off about her because of her obcession with Clem. But after a while I realized that's just her personality... I liked Christa, i mean, I prefered omid because he was funny, but I also liked Christa, she was just agressive in her attitude but I'm like that too. Specially during an appocalypse, where you have to shield yourself from everything and everyone ;)

• I personally didn't trusted Christa the first time I saw her and Omid. There was something off about her because of her obcession with Clem. But after a while I realized that's just her personality... I liked Christa, i mean, I prefered omid because he was funny, but I also liked Christa, she was just agressive in her attitude but I'm like that too. Specially during an appocalypse, where you have to shield yourself from everything and everyone ;)

• Didn't like her at first, then she grew on me.

• I liked her but she was moody because of the baby. They all were human and had their flaws.

• Im not going to say that I wanted to slap her but she did come off a little bit strong and a bit too judgmental for someone we just met. I grew to like her more as the game went on and I always liked Omid.

• Christa got better as the game went along, but at first I wanted to slap her across the face. Mind you I don't condone violence against women. I just wouldn't be putting up with her attitude during a zombie apocalypse.

• Her bitchy attitude was grating on me as soon as I met her, and the way she all but told me that I wasn't taking care of Clem correctly, despite having kept her alive for months, just kept making me want to ditch her. Of course, once Lee got bitten and needed to find Clem, I was willing to forget about that stuff and give her another chance because she immediately volunteered to come. I never really became attached to her, not like I was to Kenny, Carley, or the others from the original group, but given enough time I might have been able to like her, She's not BAD, she's just bitchy.

• Okay let me to you all some stuff because quite frankly I cannot tolerate these kinds of responses to any characters, which is why I generally stay away from discussions centered around Lilly, Carley, or Kenny for instance.

So first off, just gonna explain a thing about pregnancy. Basically as soon as you got a babe growing inside you, hormones are all over the place. So yeah, there's going to be mood swings, and there's going to be anger. It doesn't matter how far along she is, it's gonna happen. Second, she says a very important thing (at some point, forgive me for lack of pinpointing) about how Omid and her are surviving because they are two. They've probably dealt with groups before, and they were probably very negative experiences. We know next to nothing about these guys, and yeah, they were hardasses at first but you kind of have to be. You can't just go trusting everyone you meet, being nice to them and smiling. They'll stab you in the back (figuratively or literally) and screw you over. Take all your stuff? Yeah, if you're lucky. And who's to say that didn't happen to them? You HAVE to be careful, absolutely HAVE to. Lee and Clem survived in the shack not because either of them were skilled, but because of pure luck. If it were Omid and Christa, EITHER of them, they would have known to check every corner before doing anything risky like splitting up. They're seasoned survivors, and it's sad to say but Lee's whole group kind of consisted of rookies, even by the end.

Christa is a really strong, really kindhearted woman. And even in the very beginning, she really wasn't too bad. She was tense, and extremely wary of strangers. Seeing this group had a happy healthy child with them was what convinced her to give them a chance. (She's a lot like Molly in that sense) She took to talking with Clementine and getting to know her. When you talk to her she's sassy with you. She gets mad at you in the shack ONLY because you and Clementine could have died. That's not being moody, that's being concerned over people you barely know. She doesn't even yell at you in the train out of anger, it's out of panic and fear of losing the one she loves. She yells at you in the streets of Savannah because Omid injured his leg quite a bit, and it was kind of your fault whether or not you pushed him or not (because he'd push you instead).

Ah, anyway, I'd just like to emphasize that this is kind of another thing which people disliking a character for behaving realistically. I know it's hard to put yourself in an apocalyptic setting, but if you were there, you wouldn't be the friendliest either. So I'd just like to say, no, she's not really a bitch. But I would like to slap her.

Softly, and tenderly, slowly and with love. Because that is the only way to do it. Spread love, not hate, guys. ;;

• EDIT: Accidentally double posted ;;

• The only time I had a slight problem which was Lee's fault. Is the episode 3 at the tanker.

But she was at least understanding.

Omid is a good guy and does crack jokes at the most inappropriate times but that's why I like him.

These characters seem very realistic. Kenny I personally think being the most believable of the lot.

Add Comment