User Avatar Image

Adventure to the Pictures

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I, (in my so far short life,) have never seen a adventure game turned into a Movie. But, I think that it would be a great idea. I imagine that Adventure games would transfer well into movies, due to there great story lines. For example, a full 3D computer animation, (like what pixar and dreamworks have been doing,) version of Grim Fandango. Another game that I think would make a good movie is Indiana jones and the Fate of Atlantas, but it is a bit late for Harrision Ford to pick up the old Indi hat and jump back on a Lucas film set.

EDIT:
I think it is also worth a note that Pixar was originaly the computer animation division of Lucasfilm untill in 1986 when it was bought by Steve Jobs, (Macintosh's co-founder,) for a pretty penny.

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

you are wasting forum space with that absurd image.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Off Topic!!! What happenend to computer games and movies, A full throttle movie with Mel Gibson would be cool, or would people just think of mad max? A monkey Island movie would be even cooler, with Bud Bundy from married with children as Guybrush or Alex Winter from Bill and Teds excellent adventure. We all know Bud Bundy and Bill S Preston now don't we (losers like us should know). Natalie Portman would make an awesome Elaine Marley. Vin Deisel as Meathook. Tom Hanks can pass as Otis. Tommy Chong as Hermen toothrot, or even better George Carlin; hell, david lettermen could probably pass as Herman, they both have that "He Heee" when they laugh. And for Lechuck, thats gonna be a hard one. I'll let everyone else try to take a shot at that one.[/quote]

I'm quoting myself, but I also wanted to add that Ben Stiller would make an awesome Largo LaGrande

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Ahhh, Ben Stiller isn't a bad choice, but I'm feeling spicy today so I'm going to go with someone short like Danny Devito. Ohh, and relax. That image is only 16KB.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Ohh, and relax. That image is only 16KB.[/quote]

I guess he meant the huge 250x200 pixel, not the 16kB...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I had the perfect actor for Guybrush, but I just flushed it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yuck! that picture of the pantera member is very disturbing, the fact that he is sweating his ass off and swigning his hair around and launching nasty lice and sweat into the crowd is just grotesque (however it is spelt).

• So, LucasFilm had plans for a Monkey Island movie, huh?

Click here for info & concept art

ELAINE-&-CREW-CLEAN.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

An animation Ehhh. They probably wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting it off the ground since Pirates of the Carribean. It's just so similar with characters and everything.
    Ghost Pirate Lechuck- Geoffrey Rush in a Pirate Suite
    Clueless Guybrush Threepwood- Clueless Orlando Bloom
    Elaine Marley, Govener of Melee island and Love Intrest- Kiera Knightly, Goveners daughter and love intrest
    Uncoordinated and unsober Mick Jagger- Uncoordinated and unsober Johnny Depp,(yeah I know Micks not in the game, but why not have him in the movie)

Sure, the storys are far from identical, but how many of the non monkey island fans would buy it. Ahh well, I've still got my fingers crossed for Grim Fandango.

• You're right about public reaction. People who don't know better (and let's face it, only a small percentage of the movie-going population even know what the hell MI is) will immediately label the story as copy-cat, cookie-cutter, or what have you. A lot of folks will think it's trying to ride the success of Pirates.

Oh, and I don't ever want to see a Grim movie made. Ever. That's a grave injustice. Really, I want to see none of the adventures adapted to feature films, but at least Monkey Island is remotely possible in terms of reworking the story.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Yuck! that picture of the pantera member is very disturbing, the fact that he is sweating his ass off and swigning his hair around and launching nasty lice and sweat into the crowd is just grotesque (however it is spelt).[/quote]

You must be Amish. Nobody should talk about Dime like that.

On a side note, I do see a lot of MI in Pirates of the Carribean.

Add Comment