User Avatar Image

forum rules?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 767 users

hey guys, I've been hearing allot about the forum needing rules, to keep everything orderly and clean. i agree that we need rules and I'm sure that everyone else does. a forum with no rules is not a good thing.
This thread is to discuss the rules with other forum members, once we have these rules set, I'll run them by troy and get them approved to be posted.

here are a few of my thoughts:

1) Keep cursing and offensive behavior to a minimum, "ouch my ass!" is acceptable. "you f***ing a$$h01e" is not.

2) Try not to flame posts, a friendly argument and constructive group arguments are always acceptable, the second it gets out of hand and people are feeling vulnerable and attacked, the post will be warned and then if it continues it will be deleted.

3) No racist comments at all! if a racist thread or post is started it will be deleted, no question!

4) Try to keep double posting to a small degree, if you double post try to delete it if thats possible, if not a mod will get to it.

5) Try to have respect for everyone's feeling, no one wants to be disrespected.

6) No links to piracy related material, including abandonware, some may think that abandonware is not piracy, but it is. telltale can get in trouble if anything of that sort is posted.

7) keep things organized, try your best to keep things in order, always make sure you posting in the write thread and forum.

8) the most important rule of all, HAVE FUN!

if anyone has any objections, feel free to let me know, or if you have anything to add let me know as well.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]

1) Keep cursing and offensive behavior to a minimum, "ouch my ass!" is acceptable. "you f***ing a$$h01e" is not.

[/quote]

Considering this point. What about the word Lucasarts? (or 1uc@5@rt5) At this moment I think it is stille pretty offensive to a lot of people. :x

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote][quote]

[/quote]

Considering this point. What about the word Lucasarts? (or 1uc@5@rt5) At this moment I think it is stille pretty offensive to a lot of people. :x[/quote]

sorry treintje!
    i edited your post on accident...i was going to edit mine, but i saw the quote from my post in yours and edited away. many apologies

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I dig, Guybrush. A few notes regarding spam: It's better if we have a few concise threads as opposed to a bunch of threads strewn all about, with about five on the same topic or so. I think we should encourage quality, not quantity, in post behavior.

However, getting militant about it is hardly a good plan as well. I've seen some forums where every thread on a similar topic is shot down; for example, people were trying to make One Thread for anything Final Fantasy related--Of course, there are a lot of games in that series, and many things to say. I feel that level of attempted spam reduction is overboard and a little absurd.

Other than that, I dig the set of rules you have in place. Keep it up, Telltale.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

the new rules sound good to me. good job guybrush.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

when that happens i'll most likey combine threads if it fits well with the other threads, if not then i'll see ware it goes. if it gets out of hand i'll remind everone to stay somewhat on topic.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i think each user should have his/her own inventory and we could earn items by posting. what we do with those items is beyond me. anyone? bueller? ...bueller?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

that realy would'nt work well, it would just take up space on the servers. plus i dont think rewarding people for posting is a good idea. i dont think posting should be a race to get a prize.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

if noone disagree's then i'm going to go ahead and post the rules. remeber if anyone has a problem in the forums just let me know and i see if i can take care of it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think that a good anti-spam rule would be that if the post is just one character (Example: an emoticon for an entire post) or if it has absolutley nothing to do with the topic it's posted in it gets deleted.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

good point, does anyone else agree with this..
    i do..

This discussion has been closed.