User Avatar Image

Your thoughts on Episode 2

posted by sa_nick on - last edited - Viewed by 213 users

So I just finished Strongbadia the Free.

It was awesome, once again a lot of cool jokes with a good amount of laugh out loud moments.

Probably not quite as good as episode one, but maybe it was just because it seemed a little the same. Definitely worth a play though :D

Ep 3 looks awesome, the whole band thing going on.

I would make my review more in depth but it's past 5am down here in Australia and I really need to sleep, but what did everyone think of it?

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just finished it too.

It was definitely better than the first episode, for me at least. The humour was sharper and the structure of the episode was better paced. I also liked the "unlock areas as you go" system a lot better than the map in episode one.

In saying that, the ending was a bit of an anti-climax, and I was hoping that an over-arching storyline throughout the season would start to show by now, like the Sam and Max games. I guess that isn't what Telltale are going for this time though, which is fine.

I like that the hidden items are a bit more hidden than before and I'm still looking for more ways to insult Strong Sad.

Anyway, rather than write a 2000 word review, i'm just going to finish by saying that this season definitely still has me hooked, and I can't wait to see what else the team come up with for episodes 3-5!

• This definitely has the first episode beat by a mile. :D (And not just because it had gallons of new Homsar lines.)

Everything was just spot on. If I had to criticize anything, it would be that Math Kickers was pretty bad compared to Snake Boxer, and the board game, while fun, was a bit annoying after you've seen all of the (hilarious) face-offs already.

Another jorb well done.

• @Ray-The-Sun said: Good, Better, Harder, Funner

Been listening to some Daft Punk?

• @ShaggE said: If I had to criticize anything, it would be that Math Kickers was pretty bad compared to Snake Boxer,

Did you try the special moves? That made it more fun for me. :)

and the board game, while fun, was a bit annoying after you've seen all of the (hilarious) face-offs already.

I was terrible at the board game the first time through. After I understood how it worked, though, I had fun trying to figure it out in the least possible number of moves.

• I Would Review if it was Out for England.
    But i gotta wait a bit longer. :(

• I'm around halfway through, so far I like it. I think some of the puzzles are a little too obvious. But I definitely love the concept, and I heard about the finale of the episode, and it sounds awesome. It's funnier than the first episode as well. Overall, I gotta say I liked the first episode a little better, but this is almost as good as the first one (which I loved).

Add Comment