111 Comments
  • i think the whole point of the dog was lulling you into a false sense of security by making you think that sam would be the cliché of a dog companion, but nope! THE WALKING DEAD, gotcha

• I hate dogs. Sam is an exact representation of how I feel about dogs in general. Man's best friend, until they are hungry or you are delivering newspapers. Not a chance. This is an opportunity for Clem to use what Lee taught her and make it. The protege blossoming on their own. That's what I want to see.

• No. The whole point was that people, like animals, could be unpredictable, maybe even foreshadowing a betrayal. Nothing the new group did was really unpredictable, except I didn't expect to see so many shallow and unlikable people, though but we'll see.

• A little late don't you think? And having Clem travel with her trusty dog sidekick would be incredibly cliche. The dog turning violent on Clem is a lot more interesting.

• I don't want another sam. i want clementine to find everyone she lost. Christa, Lily (as a death), Glen, and my second favorite character: Molly. Teach clem kung fu Molly!!

• this part of the game is so sad.... I was happy when she befriended the dog 'Sam' i like throwing the frisbee to the dog it gave a special friend connection she could hang on but then the dog turned against her because it was so hungry and how she had to kill the dog to put it out of it's misery (well that is what i choose i believe most people choose that decision as well) It be nice if another dog comes by and she befriends it a much nicer dog who is not violent, but i am most hoping that a good caring adult will find Clementine and take good care of her and protect her like another Lee, and i hope she finds Christa i know she cares about her....

• YES I WOULD LOVE ANOTHER DOG

And then at the end of Season 2 the dog will have to maul Clementine because she was bit, and in Season 3 we'll play as the dog.

• I had to make an account just to comment on this because it's something I feel strongly about. Now I make no assumptions to the author of the thread or his/her personal feelings towards pets/animals otherwise, but the dog in particular is sparking a lot of controversy right now. Enough that I must announce my opinion loudly and clearly and do accept my apology if you are in support of the dog for reasons other than what I am about to rant about as I am not in any way making an argument against whatever it is you may be harboring (unless of course I am... to those individuals see the following) Begin rant

Fuck the Dog! It was a starved wild animal whose behavior was fairly realistic with food aggressive dogs most particularly if you happened to drop the food (less so if you just denied the food but even there it isn't so far outside of the realms of reality) Now I don't dislike dogs, quite the contrary, but when I'm seeing topics all over the internet typing out ridiculous drivel like 'oh man I can't believe taletale made me kill a dog... that's just to far man... I don't think I can keep playing if they killed a dog?" to these people I say "You shot a fucking kid in season 1!" Not an animal, not an adult that was causing you trouble. You had to kill a child and apparently that wasn't "to much" for you, but a dog was! If you value a dogs life over a childs you need to sit down and re-evaluate what your priorities are because you are doing it wrong!

Deep breath/End Rant

On a less aggressive note it seems to me that many people on both sides of the argument seem to be mistaking the primary purpose of the dog. Dog supporters wish the dog had remained with Clem and feel that his death was a cheap grab at our heartstrings (50% of those heartstrings belonging to angry men and woman who were not at all endeared to the animal for having bit the hand but I digress) supporters of the dogs fate seem to think this was a masterful stroke designed to... pull our heartstrings as TWD so often does. While there is no question this is an aspect of the dog's presence that TTG utilizes with us the emotional resonance of animal mercy killing resides as a bonus or byproduct for the narrative of the dogs actual purpose, which was to bite Clem and make her entry into the new group as difficult or more so than it would be for an adult in the same circumstances. You will be hard pressed to find anyone, no matter how deep into the apocalypse you want to go, who wont help a child in need, so how do you still present challenges in Clementine's arrival into these people's lives? You throw in a suspect bite wound that is not what it seems. Of all of the narrative angles provided to the game by the dog, none have more impact or are as far reaching as the physical wound he inflicted and the life and death decisions that it forced Clem to make.

A cheap ploy for gamers tears Sam was not, and he certainly was not TTG going 'to far' because they pretty much smashed through that wall in season one and never let up the gas!

• and on the end of the game Clementine find´s out the evil who maked the apocalipse z is that dog and will have the dog ending.

Dog Ending

We are doom

• A dog companion is a huge cliche.

I do not like huge cliches.

So no.

Add Comment