User Avatar Image

Forum Launch!

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 880 users

Welcome, one and all, to Telltale's new forums! It's been a long time coming, but we know you'll all agree, it was worth the wait. Ok, maybe you won't agree, but that's ok, because now you'll get to say so in our beautiful forum atmosphere!

Somehow, it was leaked that I was creating this forum with my toes. I know some may find this fact impressive, and maybe even more so considering I broke my left ankle last week. However, being a modest person, I must admit that the process of customizing the lovely mvnForum mainly consisted of using the letters 'H', 'J', K', and 'L'. Taking this into consideration, along with the fact that I am right handed, really puts some much needed perspective on the speculation regarding this forum's launch.

So, without further ado, I'd like to say "Let the yakking commence!".

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Great job, Troy! You are almost certainly the greatest foot typist I have ever known, with the possible exception of my grandmother, who can type 50 words a minute with one leg tied behind her back.

I like the name of this forum too. The Yak Space. Where yaks can go to be with their own kind, without any of the scorn and derision that they're so tired of enduring in all those other forums.

Brendan Q. Ferguson

• User Avatar Image
    Kevin Telltale Staff

Hey! It's a forum! When I first noticed Troy in his office with his bare feet on the keyboard, I decided to find ways around the office that don't require me going by Troy's office. I'm glad to see it was just this spiffy forum! Kinda makes me wonder what Dan's been working on....

Kevin

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

do you guys need a moderator or any other forum cleaner upper person? I'd be more then happy to help, I'm online 24/7 and would dedicate myself.

EDIT* i also forgot to mention i would do it for free

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hey, good to see you finally got the forum in working condition, Troy!

Hey, while I'm at it, I might as well introduce myself to everyone here. I'm part of the foreign labour force here at Telltale. Why foreign labour? It's part of the plan to make top notch games affordably. Naturally none of us have Green Cards (but don't tell anyone ;)), so they can get away with paying us .25 dollars per hour. If you're wondering, my job mostly consists of making sure Brendan doesn't leave the closet to pester other employees and cleaning up after the Telltale Team, although hopefully I won't have to after that Potty Training course.

I'd just love to tell you about some of the wonderful things they do here at Telltale, however Troy said I can't ("If you tattle about what we do here I'll put my foot in your mouth and shove it down to your stomach.") :( Frankly, with that cast he's wearing, I just can't risk it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hello Fop. Thanks for being part of Telltale and keep up the good work! Enjoy your stay on the forums. ;) Thanks...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

so that luxorious pool in telltales gigantic office is really just troys foot bath.. may your games be as funny as your posts/blogs! :))

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]do you guys need a moderator or any other forum cleaner upper person? I'd be more then happy to help, I'm online 24/7 and would dedicate myself.

EDIT* i also forgot to mention i would do it for free[/quote]
    For free, as in a free copy of their upcoming game, eh g_g? hihi.gif

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

nice forum

:(|)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

100 posts in one day ...not bad.

You've got quite a fanbase already :D ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think there should be some sub-forums. If the current trend continues then it won't be long before the yak space will be overwelmed with threads that should probably be somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.