User Avatar Image

Forum Launch!

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 828 users

Welcome, one and all, to Telltale's new forums! It's been a long time coming, but we know you'll all agree, it was worth the wait. Ok, maybe you won't agree, but that's ok, because now you'll get to say so in our beautiful forum atmosphere!

Somehow, it was leaked that I was creating this forum with my toes. I know some may find this fact impressive, and maybe even more so considering I broke my left ankle last week. However, being a modest person, I must admit that the process of customizing the lovely mvnForum mainly consisted of using the letters 'H', 'J', K', and 'L'. Taking this into consideration, along with the fact that I am right handed, really puts some much needed perspective on the speculation regarding this forum's launch.

So, without further ado, I'd like to say "Let the yakking commence!".

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

100 posts in one day ...not bad.

You've got quite a fanbase already :D ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think there should be some sub-forums. If the current trend continues then it won't be long before the yak space will be overwelmed with threads that should probably be somewhere else.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

At least when the game is announced. :p

• Hey, Fop! I was wondering when I'd see some of the Telltale team that weren't mentioned on the main page (last I heard there are currently nine members). Could you share with everyone some of your past experience? Were you also a former LucasArts employee?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]I think there should be some sub-forums. If the current trend continues then it won't be long before the yak space will be overwelmed with threads that should probably be somewhere else.[/quote]

Hey there THM. We're more than happy to hear suggestions. When trying to think of what forums we should create, we all pretty much looked at each other with blank faces, kicked around some off-the-wall names for the general forum (better left unsaid), and decided we'd wait to see what happened. And with that - WOW.

Anyway, with everyone here, I'm sure we can come up with several forums that make sense. I'll start a thread...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

You should probably have a help forum in case some is confused or finds a bug.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

You got it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I couldn't really find anyplace else to put this, so I thought now would be a good time to tell you. I am behind you guys all the way. That's right, an average high-school student in Glendale, Arizona is in support of your efforts. I eagerly await your first production. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Rock on, fellas. Rock on.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Hey, Fop! I was wondering when I'd see some of the Telltale team that weren't mentioned on the main page (last I heard there are currently nine members). Could you share with everyone some of your past experience? Were you also a former LucasArts employee?[/quote]

Oh, I'm not part of the team that makes games. My job is to keep the team happy. I'm not a big part of Telltale. I bet if you asked them about me half of them wouldn't even know what you are talking about. I work behind the scenes, pedaling the bike to provide electricity, mopping up, et cetera.

My past experience includes making flip flops out of car tires, hunting crocodiles in the sewers of New York (that job cost me my appendix) and before that seven years in the Finnish military cleaning toilets with a toothbrush (I'm 18 now). So nothing quite as cushy as this job. I've never worked at Lucasarts. By the time I got to the States LA had already phased out all human employees.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

If I worked for LA, I'd be the guy who beat up all the execs. who make the 'market-wise' decisions around there...

This discussion has been closed.