User Avatar Image

Traumatized Clementine.....

posted by nasmadoodle on - last edited - Viewed by 7.2K users

Dont you guys think Clementine is traumatized or at least kinda should be? (I dont want her to). Since day 1 she saw Lee crushingg heads, guts, and so much murder and horrible things. Well of course she is in a world filled with walkers now so what else can she see and do! I just think its so sad and is it just me or does it feel kinda weird seeing Clem talk the way she talks now (like threatened, bkackmail, etc) and how grown up she is? What do you think about old Clem? I miss her dress by the way! :P but she is rockin the new style!

forclementine

178 Comments
  • Clem has no choice. If you've seen zombieland its kinda the same thing, where you have to grow up at an early age if your going to survive.

• Well Clem looks cool, but am I the only one to notice Clem's neck is longer than Chris Bosh's lol jk

• If you don't think she's traumatized then you're not very smart. Everything she's been through, and all the people that she has gotten killed, unintentional or not is gonna take a toll on the kid

But Clem is a tough girl, She will continue to live on, for better or worse,

• Clem is not that same innocent little 8 year old girl we all love(d) and felt like keeping her safe and by our side at all times. She has been through so much shit and has grown into someone who is capable of surviving the zombie apocalypse. While I do like the old Clem more than the new Clem, it only makes that with everything she has seen, she has turned more bitter, a lot more mature, and can be sassy at times. Remember what Chuck said, if you treat her like a little girl, then she'll die a little girl.

• I'm the only one who likes new Clem better then old Clem? Alrighty then.

• Even though Clem saw Lee killing the walkers, she seemed to understand this is what needs to be done to survive. Clem is a sensitive girl caught in a never ending nightmare. Lee taught her well by teaching her to shoot, and that sometimes people can be just as bad. In the end when Lee had been bitten and he wanted Clem to shoot him, it was hard for her and she was in tears. After she put Lee out of his misery she went to the fields and sat for a bit to mull over what had happened and she was a bit traumatized, she couldn't be that way if she is to survive, then she saw two people over yonder descending from a hill.... I was hoping for a long time that it is Christa and Omid, but now I am not sure. Have to play season 2 episode 1 to see.

• She is clearly dejected/depressed if you just take a moment to observe her expression and body language. You don't even have to hear her voice to realize it. I would imagine that Lee's death alone caused a great change in her personality. Omid's death and Christa's probable bitterness toward her following his death would have sent her even further into depression. Her potential manipulation and stoicism is simply a bi-product of the situation she is in. She isn't exactly becoming a sociopath, but there does seem to be some disassociation.

I think that Telltale is doing a good job with her, but it would be nice to see her form bonds that would help lessen her depression. Of course, this would only make it worse when these people are inevitably killed off.

• This. Clementine's mental state will be explored heavily, I believe that Becca and Sarah (both early teens characters, both girls) will act as foils to Clementine's mental state.

I'm pretty sure Sarah is going to end up as a foil for one scale of mental imbalance (Carlos will die and she will go into Catatonia, or 'cease to function' as he puts it.)

Becca will end up Winston grade sociopathy (killing people and taking their stuff).

Clementine will have to leave Sarah to die to save herself, and will have to kill Becca in self defense when Becca goes after her in the episode 4 battle.

• in the apocalypse she has had to grow up early to deal with the problems and survive - that's the cold hard truth. If she stayed innocent and over-protected like Sarah and maybe Duck, she would have died early on or be forced to depend heavily on others. She did that with Lee at times - he saved her a bunch and taught her some survival lessons - but when he and Omid died Christa wasn't able to care for her in the way that they would have. Also, her dejection may be because she has had to lose her sweet optimism because she now knows there is little hope of any end to the apocalypse. I think it's more of her depression and coming to terms with the fact that there is so little hope, which is such a change for her when she was full of it during the first season. I think, when things get better and she starts building real friendships with others we will see her happier side that all know and love

• I think you can compare the psychological effects of being in a zombie apocalypse as being in a war. Ofcourse Clementine is suffering from something, as an result of everything that has happend.

Posttraumatic stress disorder, Dissociation, Depression.. etc etc

• She's grown up in a world where the world's gone to shit. Obviously she's going to be wise beyond her years. Omid's death probably didn't help either...

Add Comment