User Avatar Image

E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

posted by Kevin on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 149.7K users

[puzzlebox edit]

Official release dates are here!

• Feb 4th - PC/Mac, PlayStation 3 North America
  • Feb 5th - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Europe
  • Feb 7th - iOS
  • June 2nd - Kindle Fire and Amazon Fire TV
  • Oct 30th - Android
  • Nov 4th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One North America
  • Nov 7th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One Europe

Only a few days to go now!

Hey everyone!

We were planning the announcement of the ep2 release date just today, and I really wanted to respond to the reddit thread, since the info was imminent anyways. But, we also wanted to make sure that everyone here was the first to know, so here it is!

First week of Feburary!

It's been a struggle to get this episode out, for a variety of reasons, but it's finally ready to go, and you heard it here first!

Here's what I'll be posting to reddit in a few minutes...

“Hey guys,

Kevin from Telltale here! Funny that this came up today, as we were planning the announcement of Ep 2, but… no time like the present!

Ep 2 should be available the first week of February. We are working hard with all of our partners (Xbox, PlayStation, Steam, Apple) to coordinate everything, but we’re confident enough to announce that here. The episode is looking really good (as is the rest of the season!). We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

So there you have it. First week of February! “

1.1K Comments
  • First week of February, hope that's February 2014.

• Alright I'll take what I can get. First week of February it is.

• February. Damn. Gotta wait. At least we know when to expect it. Thanks Kevin!

• User Avatar Image
    AdmiralSweet BANNED

Oh. Well gotta be grateful can't be hateful.

• Thanks for the long awaited info, but never ever let it almost be 4 months again.

• Thank you Kevin. Looking forward to it!

• Can't wait for a specific date, I am satisfied with the knowledge of the specific week.

• A RELEASE DATE HALLELUJAH(caps)

• Well, Telltale, this is a start but you've got a hell of a lot of more work/ass-kissing to your customers to do before you regain mine and many others support. It took you almost 4 months to simply tell us you're still working on the episode. I've waited long enough that I'll probably just wait until all the episodes are released to buy them anymore, that's how I played WD S1 and it was one of my best gaming experiences of all-time. This TWAU thing though, has to be one of my worst gaming experiences of all time (simply speaking on the wait, episode 1 was fantastic even though I barely remember most things that happened now)

February is good news, I suppose. But too little too late for some.

• Ex...excuse me?

I'll give you the fact that I do wish they let us know why the delays were happening, but they don't need to do any ass-kissing. I don't understand this whole scenario. I was bummed that the next episode didn't come a month later, but I didn't put a picture of TTG on fire and poke it with my pitchfork. They never said it would come the next month, we all just expected it to.

Clearly, they can't go into details about what went wrong at the moment, and I'm certain something bad must've happened, but please, please.

Grow up.

• Well, Telltale, this is a start but you've got a hell of a lot of more work/ass-kissing to your customers to do before you regain mine and many others support

I'm one of the "many others." Well, probably. It depends on what you mean by "support." I'm not pre-purchasing any season passes anymore, that's for sure. However, when TWD S2 Ep5 drops, I'll pick the whole thing up in a heartbeat. I'll book a day of vacation, pick up some beer and just have an absolutely amazing time. They're excellent games, and I want to play them and reward the developers. Also, the pricing is incredibly reasonable.

TellTale needs to admit to themselves that they've passed a certain threshold that prohibits episodic game development. I take Kevin at his word when he says this was a sort of a perfect storm that's really unlikely to happen again to this extreme degree, but with all due respect, that's just not good enough. We were left without news for far too long, and that's unacceptable. I get that TT is hamstrung by nondisclosure agreements, and I do not believe them to be evil incarnate, but the pre-purchasing of season passes is an investment of trust, and I do not feel that that trust has been honoured.

I'm not taking my business elsewhere, but I am most certainly delaying my purchases for the foreseeable future.

• Silent Dan, well said. I feel the same, I bought TWD S1 from the middle of the series (I played the three right from the bat), and my experience with episode gaming was good, but after this experience with TWAU, I'll never buy it ahead of time, and wait for the game to actually be released. The game is good and I was very please about it, but it is not worth the worry of "when I am gonna carry on play and be entertained by it"

I don't see the advantage of support in advance episodic/kickstart a product if: * this product just is not released on a decent and regular amount of time * I am not informed on his working process (and his difficulties) * I don't receive a clear understandable reason of late release such as this * There is no transparency between creators and fan base

Like you say, it is matter of trust, and trust isn't something that you can buy or sell. I felt my trust in this new way to support a company work doesn't work anymore because I am displeased by the result. I really just don't feel anymore comfortable to invest money in any episodic releases. I am happy that FINALLY the service on what I have paid is coming to have some fruit of some partial content, but I sincerely lost all interest on the game itself. I was super hyped about it, and now I just barely care.

The result is, I am not gonna buy TWD 2 like I wanted to. I'll wait for the whole game to be released, I'll read the review of the game if actually it is worth the money like any other game, and possibly I'll buy it on sale periods, like any other game.

• they can't take 4 months and simply say "We didn't made any promises".

• Worst gaming experience of all time? Hyperbole much?

Delays happen and it's shit, but Telltale are hardly the first company to push a release back. My position has always been the same. If it's a one time problem, it's forgivable. My loyalty is more dependent on how quickly they get episode 3 out the door.

• that sounds incredibly bitchy to me... telltale has made no promises of anything and owe the fans nothing, get over yourself, your impatience is not going to be the downfall of telltale games, and to withhold playing the game because of a later update than you would have liked is childish and the only person who misses out is you...

• owe the fans they/we paid for the game when it's ready..

some little factoids i'll add in:

This 'delay' isn't a delay as such because how can something be delayed that was never set / confirmed for release beyond a 4-6 week estimate ? which also goes on to say in the terms and conditions (that people never seem to read) delays can occur or episodes will be released periodically (might be paraphrasing there !)

• What?!? Yes they do have some work to do with regaining goodwill and trust. But they hardly need to kiss my ass. In fact, what they have to do is actually pretty damn simple and easy. 1. Apologize. 2. Explain what happened 3. Endeavor to improve their customer relations.

• Such knowledge is bittersweet. But, I'll take it.

Add Comment