User Avatar Image

[Adult Swim]

posted by EternalStar on - last edited - Viewed by 320 users

We got any fans of AS here? I personally am a HUGE [as] fan (sans Tim and Eric / Xavier) and I think that Venture Brothers or ATHF would be PERFECT adventure games.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • im canadian but im a fan of teletoons the detour(they basicallly air 14 and up shows)

• I'm a Venture Brothers fan! I also liked Harvey Birdman, but I'm not really that into their other shows.

• I watched Cowboy Bebop when it was on early AS, and have always been a Space Ghost Coast to Coast fan, but other than that I'm with Doug -- Harvey Birdman and the Venture Bros are the only shows that have really stuck with me.

• @Jake said: I watched Cowboy Bebop when it was on early AS, and have always been a Space Ghost Coast to Coast fan, but other than that I'm with Doug -- Harvey Birdman and the Venture Bros are the only shows that have really stuck with me.

"Moltar, we've got to get you to the hospital!"

• Hm.

I'm with Doug and Jake on Harvey Birdman and Venture Bros., especially Venture Bros. And last season was just AWESOME.

But I'm also very highly fond of Saul of the Mole Men, and its insanely catchy theme song.

The rest of their line-up is garbage, though. Some early anime was good, before they dedicated themselves to the Shonen junk that Toonami won't air.

• Harvey Birdman and Venture Bros. I find to be the only shows worth watching. The only one of those shows still in production is Venture Bros.

I miss Space Ghost, Home Movies and The Brak Show. I've never been a fan of the Japanese cartoon fad, they are so shoddily pieced together.

• @Zootch said: I've never been a fan of the Japanese cartoon fad, they are so shoddily pieced together.

You are obviously watching the wrong ones then. Japanese animation has some of the best animated shows ever created. Of course a lot of shlock gets picked by AS though.

• @Tester Scott said: You are obviously watching the wrong ones then. Japanese animation has some of the best animated shows ever created. Of course a lot of shlock gets picked by AS though.

I have seen excellent Anime movies, with rich colors and extremely smooth and fluid animation; television series that employ that art style are largely nothing more than glorified slideshows and pivoting, jumpy animation.

• i normally only watch family guy on there but then i watched it one sat night and found this cool show called fullmetal alchemist.

• @Zootch said: I have seen excellent Anime movies, with rich colors and extremely smooth and fluid animation; television series that employ that art style are largely nothing more than glorified slideshows and pivoting, jumpy animation.

Well that's just how the Japanese animate their cartoons.
    They could be thinking our animation style is odd or dumb as well.
    Though I don't really isolate anime from other shows, I consider it as "just another cartoon".

Add Comment