Menu
User Avatar Image

So who WERE the guys in the trailer?

posted by Udvarnoky on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Considering all the picking apart they received, I'm surprised no one's been able to place the voice actors behind Sam and Max in Telltale's trailer. The FAQ page suggests that they were fairly accomplished, and I'm interesting in knowing who they are. So, what are their names? Surely that's not something that requires secrecy?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote][quote]I really like the vioces in the trailer, hope they will be in the game too, will they?[/quote]

It's a possibility.

And since you guys have been so patient, I'll finally reveal who voiced Sam in the trailer............

David Nowlin. :D[/quote]

WHAAAAAAT? By Jove, this guy rocks. :))
    I never said anything about the voices, because I cannot judge them in the best way (English is not my mothertongue), but to be honest I like his double performance. The voices sound right to me. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I must say i'm impressed.
    now.. that demands an in-game joke.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I dont think its the greatest idea tho.. Its hard enough to get 1 of the voices down..let alone both.. and I dont think he got either right on the trailer...

• I think my favorite post someone made about the trailer voices (not sure if it was here or somewhere else) was that the guys who did the voices didn't sound like they knew each other well enough, and they needed to go on a road trip together. :))

Something to keep in mind about the these voices is that the trailer was put together fairly quickly, and there wasn't a huge amount of time for voice coaching and "getting into the role". Also, the only script he had was the trailer script. Sure, the comics and the other game are there for reference, but that's not the same as having an entire script and time to get to know your character. That's a very different scenario than voice recording for the full game, so even if he ends up doing voices in the full game, it doesn't necessarily mean his version of the voices will sound exactly the way he does in the trailer.

I think he did a great job, and I personally really like the voices he did in the trailer. I've listened to it many times and I can't tell it's the same person doing both voices, or that he's the voice of Fone Bone.

• I hear a bit of Fone in his Max.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    I think he did a great job, and I personally really like the voices he did in the trailer. I've listened to it many times and I can't tell it's the same person doing both voices, or that he's the voice of Fone Bone.[/quote]

Ahem, I got that almost immediately. B-)
    Check my post here:
    http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=2057&category=telltale

But I couldn't imagine that he was Sam's voice too. Perhaps one can hate the result (I like it), but... I bow to his skills. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]I think my favorite post someone made about the trailer voices (not sure if it was here or somewhere else) was that the guys who did the voices didn't sound like they knew each other well enough, and they needed to go on a road trip together. :))
    [/quote]

I think its still a good point tho.. sam and max have a great buddy rapport.. Its hard to do that with yourself.. I hope they have different voices for sam and max in the finished game

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Can somebody help me make my breakfast? I keep spilling the milk.

• [quote]I think its still a good point tho.. sam and max have a great buddy rapport.. Its hard to do that with yourself.. I hope they have different voices for sam and max in the finished game[/quote]

Well.. If he's a fairly balanced person, he should be a good friend of himself. I know I am.

Well, not with him, but with me.

Add Comment