User Avatar Image

Election '08

posted by Dr. Zoidberg on - last edited - Viewed by 305 users

If you're like me, you're anxious to see the results. For those of you who are, let's have a little in-forum poll. Your vote will remain anonymous unless you choose to make it public.

I voted Obama, because I feel this country needs more affordable health care...

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It was a classy speech. McCain was always a better man than his supporters let him seem.

• Yep, looks like Joe Biden is going to be the next president of the united states...

• I like this country, it proves that an illegal immigrant with communist and mafia ties and zero experience can win in a presidential election over a war hero with experience and wisdom to spare.

• commie.jpg

enjoy your communism :)

• User Avatar Image
    Mel

Some of you in this thread think the American people have been brainwashed, conned, whatever, but I don't feel conned. Tonight was a verdict against the kind of vitriol that is present in this thread. I for one, am glad to see that verdict was rendered.

I don't expect Obama to walk on water or to fix everything. Who knows what will happen, but I'm glad to see that he's getting the chance. Only time will tell.

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

I'm not an US citizen and I'm grateful of that. If I were I don't know for which candidate I would have voted. I still don't trust either candidate (right now, former candidate and elected president) or have any confidence in their abilities to solve the economic problems. Somehow a candidate that promises to cut taxes (that will benefit mostly the more wealthy) yielding in bigger deficits or a candidate that expends millions campaigning (Still don't know why there isn't a law that limits campaign funding to acceptable levels) and keeps promising to spend spend spend and spend do not sound right.

Having read all that I could find about their proposals on economy, energy, foreign policies, government spending, health and a long et cetera, I'm more than a bit worried on how many blanks are in their proposals and how many warning flags didn't get raised during the campaign (And having a democrat majority in both congress chambers doesn't ease my concerns either - Its like having a race car with three gas pedals and no brakes)

Anyway, like McCain said: "The people have spoken", let's hope that what the people said was the right choice and "changes" the US in the right direction (and doesn't crash the economy in the process)

• @Zootch said: I like this country, it proves that an illegal immigrant with communist and mafia ties and zero experience can win in a presidential election over a war hero with experience and wisdom to spare.

Haha whatever.

• @Mel said: Some of you in this thread think the American people have been brainwashed, conned, whatever, but I don't feel conned. Tonight was a verdict against the kind of vitriol that is present in this thread. I for one, am glad to see that verdict was rendered.

I don't expect Obama to walk on water or to fix everything. Who knows what will happen, but I'm glad to see that he's getting the chance. Only time will tell.

^ This.

People have become so cynical that they can't accept a president that actually DOES want to do what he says in his campaigns. Understandable. I am a cynic myself. And I'm not gullible. I know that Obama won't accomplish everything he promised. That's politics for you.

But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I truly think that Obama will accomplish great things, given the chance.

If that makes me "stupid", so be it. Voting for McCain would have gone against every belief I have. I'm not saying McCain didn't have positive attributes, just that I'd be a hypocrite to support him.

So yeah... that's my contribution. I'll leave it at that since the rage level in this thread is clearly rising, and will likely continue to do so unless everybody suddenly decides to stop making their own decisions and become Borg.
    (Seemingly the best possible turn of events, judging by every flame war ever.)

• I think we can all say "congratulations America on actually settling a presidential election on election night for the first time in a decade," and close down the political discussion on this video game forum!

This discussion has been closed.