36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ReverendTed said: I guess that time I scored just over 48000 points and was sooo frustrated was even more ridiculous because I just assumed it wasn't enough based on what I'd read elsewhere. Duh.

Dang, man. That's rough.
    How much more did you play before you broke 50?

Edit: I think I may have contributed to the 50k rule, my bad.

• @poohead900 said: Dang, man. That's rough.
    How much more did you play before you broke 50?

Maybe another couple of rounds. I'd started to get into the groove of it by that point.

• Yeah, playing these types of arcade games is a lot like doing a dance... after a while you just get into a "groove"

(or till you use a bug/cheat to win)

Of course with real arcade games, they cost 25 cents per turn, they get expensive, you are never able to keep that blasted high score. After a while you realize that a "girlfriend" is a hell of a lot cheaper to keep...

Ill stop talking now.

• Good point. I think that one redeeming quality of HBO is that once your up in the levels, you can kiss a groove goodbye. Its just a little too fast to be boring. Its reaching that point that makes the game not-so-replayable.

On a side note: If you were to unplug an arcade cabinet, would the high scores erase? Like that one Seinfeld episode with Frogger? Or is it non-volatile, or have a standby battery?

Just out of sheer curiosity....

Edit: I was going to say something about quarter slugs and the price of arcade games, but I cant find any sites to buy them! I guess selling counterfeit coins is a bit of a no-no. I know that washers still work on some gumball machines.

• Dangerzone, that photo booth pic with the microphone background and rocker gear is maybe my favorite costume/background combo out of all the episodes. That's epic.

• Thanks, I try.

Wait, even out of episodes 4 and 5 too!? (So, no explosion background to wear the dangeresque shades in front of??? I feel so used!)

• @Dangerzone said: It was a bug... specific to me, sorry about that. (and for getting everyones hopes up :( )

Lucky razza frazzin...:mad: Anyway, got a question. I just got 100%, and the Limozeen shirt, and Strong Bad didn't say anything. Did that happen in anybody else's game? Cause I got 100% twice, and he didn't say anything. I just find that weird.:confused:

• @Dangerzone said: Thanks, I try.

Wait, even out of episodes 4 and 5 too!? (So, no explosion background to wear the dangeresque shades in front of??? I feel so used!)

There might be an explosion in the episode 4 backdrops. I can neither confirm nor deny! I was referring to pictures posted so far by players. :)

• Oh please please pleaaase, let there be an explosion backdrop.

• Hmm, most bizarre. I achieved the rank of "Impossibly Rocked Out" in Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands, but didn't receive my complimentary Limozeen T-Shirt. I don't think that I missed anything, seeing as everything on the chart is green, and my Limozeen: Hot Babelien Odyssey score is over 60,000. I must have broken the game. If so, I did it with love.

Add Comment