User Avatar Image

NEW beautiful Sam and Max posters I found

posted by PinballFortress on - last edited - Viewed by 187 users

I was cruising eBay.co.uk, and found these beauties.

I'm about to buy one, so I'll be able to give you a full review of the reproduction quality when it arrives :D!

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • These have been on ebay for awhile now. They're fake. The seller took the high resolution scans from http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/ and printed them off.

    Waste of moneigggghh.

  • @xChri5x said: These have been on ebay for awhile now. They're fake. The seller took the high resolution scans from http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/ and printed them off.

    Waste of moneigggghh.

    I didn't expect official licensed posters or anything, just a high quality reproduction of Sam and Max. I'll hold off though, if it's seedy.

  • We have a real one in the office, courtesy of Steve :)

  • The reason you don't just take the image into Kinkos and ask for a print scaled to whatever dimensions you want and possibly laminate is...?

  • ..., 'cause it might make steve sad. you wouldn't want that...do you?

  • I'm pretty sure Purcell isn't getting any royalties off bootlegged posters from Ebay anyway...

  • you're right....so buying ebay bootleg stuff will also make him sad, most probably even more than making your own merchandise (can you even call homemade stuff merchandise?). you shouldn't do that either.
    i guess, the best way to get the good stuff is to buy from telltale...they're officially steve purcell approved...i think.
    in conclusion: we need more merchandise here.

  • @wisp said: you're right....so buying ebay bootleg stuff will also make him sad, most probably even more than making your own merchandise (can you even call homemade stuff merchandise?).

    I would probably be more pissed if someone were making a profit off them than if they were being made for personal use...

  • @Zootch said: The reason you don't just take the image into Kinkos and ask for a print scaled to whatever dimensions you want and possibly laminate is...?

    Kinko's might not do it without proof that you have permission from the copyright holder. They probably don't handle it exactly the same way at every store, but I was in there last week and they were refusing to make copies of a guy's kid's graduation photo since it was produced by a professional studio who owned the rights to it (as graduation photos usually are). They said they'd only do it if the studio faxed them written permission.

    Of course, they're not always going to know whether you're the copyright holder and I'm sure they don't scrutinize every job that comes in, but handing them a high-quality version of the front of a game box and asking them to make it into a print could raise suspicions.

    @Zootch said: i guess, the best way to get the good stuff is to buy from telltale...they're officially steve purcell approved...i think.

    Yes, they are. :)

Add Comment