User Avatar Image

Can't Preorder - [PayPal temporarily unavailable]

posted by grimsqueaker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

So I logged in to TellTale this morning and jumped for joy! Sam and Max was available for preorder!

I added it to my cart and proceeded to check-out, where I was met with a sinking feeling in my tummy. :( Where is the paypal option? I've already said before I'm unable to pay using a credit card - but I'm loaded with paypal and I want you to have my money (pleease) and even my first-born child if necessary.

I must be able to preorder! *twitchy* Could someone get back to me on this? Thanks!

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The PayPal option disappeared from the store mysteriously in the middle of the night. We don't know why, but we've contacted our ecommerce provider and hope to have it cleared up ASAP. Check back occasionally in the next day - it will return!

• I'm not sure if this is somehow Paypal related, because I'm trying to pay by credit card, but the system says it can't finish the transaction. This is after I've entered all the information and try to 'Submit Order'.

It says to try again, but when I try to go to 'Checkout' I get an error message that the command could not be completed and the error has been logged.

• Thanks for the info. Please send an email to support@telltalegames.com with your full name and the email address you were using, and we'll look into it for you.

• @TextureGlitch said: I'm not sure if this is somehow Paypal related, because I'm trying to pay by credit card, but the system says it can't finish the transaction. This is after I've entered all the information and try to 'Submit Order'.

It says to try again, but when I try to go to 'Checkout' I get an error message that the command could not be completed and the error has been logged.

Yeah, I get this problem as well. I just sent an e-mail to support about it.

• Thanks Haggis.

Doug or Kevin is going to have to look into this, and I think they're both sleeping after pulling an all nighter on the site. ;) Don't try to order a second time until we figure out what's going on. I don't want you to be charged twice accidentally.

(If anyone does get charged twice by accident, of course we'll fix that for you, too!)

• I hope they get it fixed quick. It'll be hard to PRE-order after Nov. 1st ;)

• @Emily said: Thanks Haggis.

Doug or Kevin is going to have to look into this, and I think they're both sleeping after pulling an all nighter on the site. ;) Don't try to order a second time until we figure out what's going on. I don't want you to be charged twice accidentally.

(If anyone does get charged twice by accident, of course we'll fix that for you, too!)

Thanks for the quick reaction, I'm looking forward to a solution. :)

• @TextureGlitch said: I hope they get it fixed quick. It'll be hard to PRE-order after Nov. 1st ;)

Well, you're still pre-ordering the other episodes of course. ;)

Wise move getting the site up before the official press-release. There'll always be minor problems, no matter how well you've organized things. :o

--Erwin

• Thank -goodness- for that.

I was getting worried that yet again I would be thwarted by my decision not to have a credit card, and unable to get the game. I rely on paypal and similar services for buying things from forrun lands when I can't use my UK debit card.

Phew!

Add Comment