56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Superfield Credit Union said: Having some serious probs with the Monocle. There's no clickable area on the ground around the Prison. I think it may be the timing; I'm there before the formula is made. Do I get it after Diomonocle is there, or in extended play, or something?

I know that it's available in extended play, so if timing IS an issue, I wouldnt worry about it. Your looking for the tuft of grass on the left side, just near the corner of the stand.

• @ReverendTed said:

Also, I'm pretty sure I've finally confirmed what gets you the 5th name drop: give Dr. X the ruby.

You're right, I fired up that game I had saved to check, but I had already given him the ruby but not the disk, and have 5 before heading to the sun

Do you remember the dialogue?

Oh, and I fixed the bacharach thing, Turned my subtitles back on.

• @poohead900 said: Do you remember the dialogue?

Yeah. That's what's strange about it. I can't really figure out a celebrity name drop from it:
    "I got the ruby."
    "Burble?"
    "Sultry Buttons? Nawh, she's fine. She just needed a shot of Vitamin Dangeresque."

• @ReverendTed said: Yeah. That's what's strange about it. I can't really figure out a celebrity name drop from it:
    "I got the ruby."
    "Burble?"
    "Sultry Buttons? Nawh, she's fine. She just needed a shot of Vitamin Dangeresque."

That burble must be pom-pom for "Sultry buttons had it, she looks kinda like that (insert rockstar name here) from (insert popular band here). By the way, is she ok?"

Edit: Since this took forever, do you think you have to give the ruby first? like, you know, before the disk? I can't test, thats where my save is.

• @poohead900 said: Edit: Since this took forever, do you think you have to give the ruby first? like, you know, before the disk? I can't test, thats where my save is.

Someone else will need to check that out, I actually just saved over that one to test something else.

Specifically, I think the name drop for using the 'Evil' option on Bubs is TRI-LAMBDA State Penitentiary, a reference to the Lambda Lambda Lambda fraternity in the film Revenge of the Nerds. That's my best guess.

• About the timing for the monocle- DiaMonocle has to be there for it to work, I tried.

• Could you possibly mark if something is only available in standard play because I tend to like to focus on the main story during standard play and would prefer doing as much as possible in extended play. I suppose I could figure it out, but I would hate to miss something and have to play through an extra time.

• @Holyxion said: Could you possibly mark if something is only available in standard play because I tend to like to focus on the main story during standard play and would prefer doing as much as possible in extended play. I suppose I could figure it out, but I would hate to miss something and have to play through an extra time.

Done and done.

• one blooper/outtake question: HOW THE CRAP DO I MAKE THE RUN BY CUTSEY BUTTONS OUTTAKE WORK?! do I just keep running in front of her until something happens? please someone who's successfully done this tell me!!!!!

• I just run back and forth from the front of her house (where she can't see you) to her and back again. She'll say stuff like "are you still here?" every once in a while. When she slips up and calls you "Strong Ba--Dangeresque" that's your point.

Add Comment