User Avatar Image

Did anyone else notice this?

posted by Maxilyah on - last edited - Viewed by 304 users

In a lot of episodes, Sam always mentions how Max doesn't like girls, and some characters even hint at them being a couple (in the show and the game). Is it just me, or does anyone else think that they should be a couple?
Sorry if this is weird, I just had to say something about it.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Personally, I think the two consider each other as brothers.

In the animated series,max refers Sam's Grandma and Dad, well, Grandma and Dad. No, Mr.-insert Sam's last name here- or something.

• 99% of all fan fictions are bad, and 100% of all fan fictions are pointless.

75% are existing cannon stories with the addition of a one-dimensional Mary-Sue for no reason whatsoever.

• All I can say is that friendship is a bizare phenomena.

• @vyperspit said: All I can say is that friendship is a bizare phenomena.

Exactly X3

• @Maxilyah said: This is kind of off topic, but it sort of fits into here somewhere. Is Max adopted by Sam's parents or something? Every episode I've seen of their childhood, they were always living together. I've seen Sam's grandma, so they're not both adopted, and Sam mentioned them burying his dad's briefcase (or something along those lines) in the Final Episode. Never have they shown or mentioned Max's parents, except once in Reality 2.0 when Max says his mom will kill him if he comes home with more magic beans.
    Do I smell a fanfic?

You should check out the comics there's one where in the last panel they show both Sam and Max's families.

• Will do! Thanks!
    And also, I started writing a fanfic about Max's childhood, and my friends thought it was really cute. Although, I kind of did get a little out of character with Max, but this was probably BEFORE he became messed up in the head. (No offense, Max)

• I'd be interested to see that fic. But I hope you kept the world in character even if it's plausible that Max wouldn't behave exactly the same way that he does as an adult. I've seen too many fics in where the characters are a different age and suddenly nothing bizarre happens anymore. Just wanted to bring that up.

Personally, I think Max was always that crazy, and Sam used to be shy and bookish. Being friends with Max made him more impulsive and extroverted. I suppose I base this opinion on playing Chariots of the Dogs over and over.

• I believe that Max corrupted himself by going back in time that first time in "A Glitch in Time", because they never really fixed that. But then... where did he get the crazyness from in the first place?
    T'is a mystery.

• [quote=shwoo;98314]

it began some time ago, actually.[/quote]

i said i was sorry:(

• @Maxilyah said: I believe that Max corrupted himself by going back in time that first time in "A Glitch in Time", because they never really fixed that. But then... where did he get the crazyness from in the first place?
    T'is a mystery.

Well obviously its a paradox. Max corrupted himself in the past, and since he does this in "A Glitch in Time" then when he reaches that point in his life where he goes back in time and corrupts himself... he does it again because I'm making no sense now... but yeah its a paradox.

I think I made my head hurt...

Add Comment