View Full Version : Tales Of Monkey Island won't run
09/29/2011, 03:35 am
All I get is a black screen, windowed.
I can run Monkey Island I & II, but none of the Tales Of Monkey Island chapters.
All games purchased through Steam.
I do not have lua installed.
Athlon Phenom x6
Realtek HD audio
4Gb RAM with 3½ available to XP.
Native screen resolution 1280x1024
09/29/2011, 03:58 am
Can you please post a dxdiag log?
Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
Now click on the button that says "save all information".
It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.
Then zip the file (http://www.howtozip.com/indexsubmenu.asp?submenu=windows_-_compressed_folder_1) and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
10/02/2011, 08:43 am
Here it is.
10/02/2011, 08:59 am
Looks okay so far...
Have you tried a clean boot already?
Booting clean in Windows XP:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
8. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.
After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
3. Click OK
4. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
10/05/2011, 02:58 am
Found a solution !
The game works if run in Compatibility Mode for Windows 98 / ME.
Does not work in XP Native or Win 2000. I did not try Win 95 Compatibility.
Just in case anyone else has this problem.
11/05/2011, 06:49 pm
pls help me.my tales of monkey island serial number i don't know my serial number
11/05/2011, 06:53 pm
Did you buy it from the Telltale store? If so, your serial number is listed under the episodes on Your Games page (http://www.telltalegames.com/mytelltale/purchases).
vBulletin® v3.8.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.