I just got Monkey Island Madness, and I'm trying to add it to SCUMM VM. How do I do that?
I keep all of my ScummVM games in a folder within the folder I keep scummVM. then when I start the program and click add game I either click the EXE for that game or the folder for that game, either should work
I think Monkey Island 2 and 3 can be copied directly over to your harddrive if you're using SCUMMVM, but SOMI uses the disc for it's audio, so you need to either rip the audio files as well to get sound on SOMI.
Just make folders for each game, place them where you want them, and point to the folder in SCUMMVM.
Uhm, you start ScummVM and click Add Game?
Not sure about Monkey Island Madness specifically, but you can find which files are needed to run the games here.
For example, to run the CD version of The Secret of Monkey Island (and depending on the CD), you need to create a game directory and copy either MONKEY.000 and MONKEY.001 or MONKEY1.000 and MONKEY1.001 in it.
Then, when you add a game to ScummVM, just pick the directory where you copied those files and ScummVM should recognise the game on its own.
There are instructions on what to do with the audio files in section 7.8 of the README.
Put the monkey madness disc in your computer.
Locate the disc drive and right click it.
It should open a folder in which you can find a Monkey1 folder and a Monkey2 folder.
Copy both those to a location you will remember on your computer.
Now start scummvm and choose add game.
It will then show you ur computer directory, choose the appropriate folders to get to where you saved the 2 monkey folders.
When you get to the monkey folders dont double click them just click the monkey1 folder once then select choose.
Repeat for the monkey2 folder.
And ur done.
You do NOT need the CD inserted EVER after setting up the games on ScummVM properly.
List of needed files from the CD, According to ScummVM wiki:
Okay, the ScummVM wiki says:
a) You need "MONKEY.000" and "MONKEY.001" from the SoMI folder on the disc.
b) You need "MONKEY2.000" and "MONKEY2.001" from the MI2:LR folder on the disc.
c) You ought to copy said files to (a) location(s) on the hard drive and then point ScummVM to them.
Here are Detailed instructions if you don't know how to do all that.
PART 1: CREATING FOLDERS
1) Using Windows Explorer, browse to your Program Files folder or your Games folder, or wherever you usually install games to.
2) Create 2 new folders (you can just make one, but I make 2 of them.)
3) You can name either folder whatever you want, but for the sake of simplicity, I can instruct you what to name them.
3a) Name one folder "Monkey Island 1".
3b) Name the other folder "Monkey Island 2".
PART 2: COPYING DATA FILES
4) Insert your Monkey Island Madness CD. If the autorun box pops up, close it.
5) Using Windows Explorer, browse to the CD (Open My Computer, right click on the CD and click "Open")
6) From the "MONKEY1" folder on the CD:
copy files "MONKEY.000" and "MONKEY.001" to the "Monkey Island 1" folder that you created earlier.
7) From the "MONKEY2" folder on the CD:
copy files "MONKEY2.000" and "MONKEY2.001" to the "Monkey Island 2" folder that you created earlier.
PART 3: RIPPING MUSIC FOR MONKEY ISLAND 1 TO USE
Note: I can not give detailed instructions on this part as you may use different software than I do (I use WinAmp).
8) Using the software of your choice that you use for playing CDs and ripping them to MP3, rip the CD audio tracks from the disc to MP3 format (this music is the background music for Monkey Island 1).
Note: the first track is where the game data is stored, you don't need to rip it.
9) Browse to the folder where these MP3's are, and rename each MP3 filename per the following image (THIS IS IMPORTANT):
Note: the metadata like the Title and Artist and such doesn't matter, only the filename. Be aware that tracks 2 thru 25 should be called "track01.mp3" thru "track24.mp3", consecutively.
PART 4: SET UP GAMES ON SCUMMVM
10) Install ScummVM
11) Run ScummVM
Adding Monkey Island 1 to ScummVM:
12a) Click "Add Game"
12b) Browse in the window to the location where your created "Monkey Island 1" and "Monkey Island 2" folders are .
12c) Highlight (single click) or Browse to (double click) your "Monkey Island 1" folder.
12d) Click "Choose".
Adding Monkey Island 2 to ScummVM:
12a) Click "Add Game"
12b) Browse in the window to the location where your created "Monkey Island 1" and "Monkey Island 2" folders are.
12c) Highlight (single click) or Browse to (double click) your "Monkey Island 2" folder.
12d) Click "Choose".
Yay! You're done!... or not.
NOTE: The next steps are optional.
PART 5: CREATING WINDOWS SHORTCUTS
13) Browse to and create 2 new Shortcuts wherever you want to launch your games from. Change the target location to the ScummVM.exe file in the folder where you installed ScummVM to, and after it put the ScummVM ID of the game.
(ie. my ScummVM is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\ScummVM\scummvm.exe")
13a) For The Secret of Monkey Island, change the target of one shortcut to your scummvm.exe with the ScummVM ID for the Monkey Island 1 game (usually "monkey")
example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\ScummVM\scummvm.exe" monkey
13b) For Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge, change the target of the other shortcut to your scummvm.exe with the ScummVM ID for the Monkey Island 2 game (usually "monkey2")
example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\ScummVM\scummvm.exe" monkey2
PART 6: FULL SCREEN AND 4:3 ASPECT RATIO
14) Open ScummVM, highlight either game, and click "Edit Game"
15) Click "Graphics" at the top of the window.
16) Click the checkboxes (place a check mark) next to:
- "Override Global Graphics Settings"
- "Aspect Ratio Correction"
- "Fullscreen Mode"
17) Click OK.
Yay! NOW you're Done
I was just about to post a similar thread to this, wondering how to get CoMI running through SCUMMVM. Got it sorted in like 2 mins with your advice...
Thankyou so much XD Veryyyyy helpful :)
Really good post.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:57 am.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.