vista cant read the season one bonus disc
i know my disc is fine because it plays in my dvd player, and it plays on my old desktop which is still running XP, but on both my laptop and my desktop which are both running vista, neither of them can read the disc.... i get a "drive is empty, please insert a disc" type thing when i try to open the disc on both computers... it does not read it at all
i can see copying the files onto another disc and installing with that... but i am way too lazy to do that, and i am getting rid of my old computer in a few days anyway, so i dont have the time
is there some way to make windows vista read the combo disc format used in season one, or do i have to get a different version of the game on disc?
It may be that you need to update the firmware of your DVD drives on the Laptop & Desktop Vista machines. I can help you find where these firmware updates are, but I need to know the make and model of each drive on your computer. Please follow these steps for each computer and post back with the results.
1) Locate the 'Computer' icon. This icon will be located either on your desktop, or in the Start menu.
2) Right-Click on the 'Computer' icon and select 'Properties'.
3) On the left-side of the 'Computer Management' window, click on 'Device Manager'.
4) On the right-side of the window, you will find a number of objects attached to your computer. Find the 'DVD/CD-ROM drives' section and click on the + sign next to it.
5) A list of all the DVD/CD-ROM drives will appear. Please list each DVD/CD-ROM drive listed.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:47 pm.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.