Originally Posted by DjNDB
Your audio drivers are really
Description: SB Audigy Audio [D000]
Date and Size: 8/12/2002 11:03:30, 837548 bytes
Description: Realtek HD Audio output
Date and Size: 9/19/2007 11:16:32, 4617728 bytes
Download and Install the latest drivers from here:
If you don't use the Realtek one you might also consider deactivating it.
OK, I did this: since the Audigy is REALLY old, I set all audio stuff in "control panel" to the Realtek. I went to the motherboard's manufacturer's site and renewed all audio-related drivers, Realtek included.
Unfortunately, it didn't change anything.
My intuition also (like hansschmucker) say the problem is in the copy protection mechanism. An alternative is improper use of the DirectX API. Both seems out of my control right now.
Only Telltale can solve this, with ToMI 1 as a reference of how things are done to work better...
If you have any more ideas, I will thank you.