Originally Posted by Bagge
Off the top of my head, in addition to the obvious Walt (Disney) the dog reference:
Here you go
- T-shirt as a prize for finding the treasure
- T-shirt as a prize for defeating the sword master
- There is a vending machine at Stan's place
- "Staff Only"-door on Melee
- Wiener hut on Scabb Island
- The treehouses on Booty Island are nearly identical to the Swiss Family Treehouse in Disneyland
- Big Whoop turns out to be an E-ticket, a ticket that gives entrance to theme parks after hours
- Dinky Island = Disneyland
- Everything that happens after you meet LeChuck at the end of MI2 takes place in theme park maintainance tunnels
Ok, I've got some more info about the ending to MI2 from andygeers' video 'The OTHER Secret of Monkey Island' which gives interesting info about what Guybrush's past could be.
:The feather pen you can buy in the shop on booty island when looked at Guybrush says 'That looks just like the one from my parents wedding!' suggests that Guybrush's parents were married after he was born.
:The skeletons of Guybrush's 'parents' may not be Guybrush's blood relation at all. It just prooves that 'Dad' is Lechuck's father, otherwise Largo could be Guybrush's brother, too.
:In the torture chamber, you can ask Lechuck 'where do babies come from' and he will reply 'In your case, the orphanage.' This suggests that maybe Guybrush is an orphan.
: Now, the last idea is that everyone in the monkey island universe is trying to help Guybrush unlock the big secret that his parents were murdered, and that the Vooodoo Lady is like a sort of psyciatrist.