Kindle firmware update, version 2.5.3 is finally out.
Amazon's site lists the following as what was changed:
Kindle Version 2.5 Overview
We're excited to announce that a new, free software update is now available for Kindle and will be automatically delivered to your device. The features included in this update are:
- Collections: Organize your books and documents into one or more collections.
- PDF Pan and Zoom: Zoom into PDFs and pan around to easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics.
- Password Protection: Password protect your Kindle when you're not using it.
- More Font Sizes & Improved Clarity: Enjoy two new larger font sizes and sharper fonts for an even more comfortable reading experience.
- Facebook & Twitter Posts: Share meaningful book passages with friends on Facebook and Twitter directly from your Kindle.
- Popular Highlights: See what the Kindle community thinks are the most interesting passages in the books you're reading.
My wife and I aren't going to use the "popular highlights" or Twitter/Facebook update. However, I have
already started creating collections, and they're quite useful.
Also, the update doesn't mention it, but I'm almost sure that the Kindle didn't used to have a way of displaying book titles that were too long to fit. But now they do display when highlighted (as shown below.) If a title is still too long when highlighted, the text will wrap to a smaller font just below the progress bar.
Also, I'm not going to use them, but now the Kindle has 2 more (huge) font sizes.
Nevermind the skin on the border of the device. It is
my wife's after all.