Here we go. Not surprisingly.
This is a question which will be very hard to answer for TTG. "Expanded universe" is a very vague tagline serving as an answer to an equally vague question.
What is it you'd actually want to ask with the seemingly simple question "Is this BTTF 4"?
- That it directly continues the storyline established in the movies?
- That it includes all the characters/ places from the movies?
- That it's actually so non-interactive that it could be regarded as a fourth movie?
- Should these episodes be regarded as an "official" or "canon" continuation of the BTTF movies?
- Possibly, that Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis will even write the storyline?
And what is it Telltale and Universal actually want to communicate with the "expanded universe" idea?
- That we'll have to deal with many more characters, possibly playing a new character?
- That they do not feel bound to the BTTF movie "canon" of events?
- That they do not feel bound to the BTTF cartoon " lesser canon" of events?
- That they'd like to dismiss vague ideas of an "official" or "canon" story continuation up front?
- That they'd like to keep any creative storyline direction a possibility?
Lots of things to think about.