Played it, loved it but it did seem VERY rushed.
- Some of the instruments (main instruments) were playing very low, barely hearing them.
- Animations were... weird sometimes and didn't correlate with the original ones (especially Guybrush's expressions)
- Sometimes the text dissapeared after listening to the commentary track.
- The commentary track was WAY too short!! And no explanations regarding the ending! Or other plans! Or anecdotes! VERY few minutes of talking about the REAL stuff we want to hear.
- Largo's voice was not really what I hoped for. Dom is better.
- The "tunnels" music at the end was not as impressive as I would've expected. They kept it plain and simple, with a poor choice of instruments if you ask me.
- Everybody complains about the missing intro and the missing "50 things to do" list at the end, so I won't mention it again. But I WAS looking forward to seeing that in HD. Yes, even the list.
- Two awkward bugs: one at Stan where you have to use the hammer on the nails, instead of closing the coffin first. Weird. And the other one, at the end when you have to give the handkerchief to LeChuck... you really had no time to do that! And my clicking skills are top notch! Ha!
- Some sound effects were missing. (just a few, not very noticeable)
- They totally rewrote some lines, and I'm not talking about the lines with numbers (such as the bottles of grog song). No. I mean lines that were funny! For instance, when Guybrush looks in the mirror, in the hut, on phatt island, in the original version he sang "I am pretty, oh so pretty". Now it's replaced with something like: "This beard looks really good on me". Why? Copyright problems?
- The Bone song is out of sync. Badly.
Oof. Okay. Now, besides all this, I really enjoyed the game and it's well worth the price so buy it, if you haven't already. What I did enjoy the most was:
- The Cast's performance. Brilliant. It almost rivals with all the other games. Every single tiny little line of dialogue was perfect! Most surprising was Patrick Pinney. When you lock Stan in that coffin, this guy gave it his best. He's screaming, yelling, pondering in the most awesome way! I've never seen Stan, as a character, having these reactions and it suits him making the scene hillarious!
- The music... with a few mistakes, it was great! Can't wait for the soundtrack!
- The backgrounds... beautiful! I noticed a few pixels out of place here and there, but overall it's breathtaking.
- The whole ending (Tunnel fight) was awesome.
So, there's my verdict: BRILLIANT game, good HD thingie, buy it.