Originally Posted by serializer
Basically, it all works fine for a while. Then pages gradually take longer and longer to load, and eventually just start failing altogether with "The connection has timed out" messages.
The rest of the internet works fine for me. Other computers in my house still display the website fine. I can PING telltalegames.com and get a response ... but the website just stops responding.
If I restart my computer, it's all fine again ... for a while. But I really shouldn't have to restart my computer just for a website to work!
Wow, i have the exact same issue every now and then since maybe a month ago. I have not been able to find the reason either.
I can say for sure that it's not a DNS issue. Here's a couple of other things i found out while trying to debug it. Btw. it's Windows 7 64 bit.
- Rebooting my computer fixes it for me too
- Restarting my Fritzbox or just getting a new IP doesn't help
- Traceroute and Ping work as expected.
- Flushing DNS doesn't do the trick
- Just restarting the network service or network device doesn't fix it
- A Windows or Ubuntu running in VMWare player on the same PC doesn't fix it
- I can always successfully work around it using a Proxy or VPN
- It fixes itself after a while, without me having to reboot
- I logged the packages on my Fritzbox. I can see that they get sent to TTGs server, but even the Fritzbox doesn't get a response. That's what puzzled me entirely, because it doesn't fit with a reboot of the PC fixing it.
That's were i stopped debugging, because i couldn't find any sane explanation anymore. I sadly don't have another Client i can connect to the Fritzbox to see if it works with it while my PC fails.
The issue is pretty rare nowadays. Maybe once a week, while it was a few times daily some weeks ago.
For now i work around using a proxy if i really want to do something here and don't want to reboot my PC. Usually rebooting would disrupt my multitasking workflow and is not an option while doing other work.
I would be interested to hear from others who have the same issue though,
especially if they have Windows 7 64 bit or a Fritzbox too.