Originally Posted by misterrachel
I've tried the above graphics update, but it refuses to install, saying that it isn't the right update. I've updated DirectX as far as it will go.
I see. AMD Excludes Toshiba notebooks in the Release notes
Did you download the games from TTG, Steam or somewhere else?
Do you have any Security Software running?
You could also try a clean boot:
Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
4. Select the Services tab
5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
6. Click Disable all
7. Click on OK
8. Click Restart.
9. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.
After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
3. Click Ok
4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer