That's 'entirety of the second series of Adventure Games'. Don't want anyone getting confused, what with all the rumours of Matt Smith leaving! (Rumours he's denying, by the way.)
But yeah, this sucks. Especially as they've fixed absolutely none of the issues I had with the previous series of Adventure Games. Except maybe how short it was - this one seems pretty big, and given the download size, I should bloody well hope so.
Notes I mentally made during the game:
- Wow, these character movements are awkward. They're like marionette puppets being pulled on strings, or maybe robots tat don't quite understand human movement.
- Why does Rory never blink? His eyes seem to be staring into my soul. Please stop cutting to close-ups of him, it's very unnerving.
- Oh look, the very first thing we do in this 'Adventure Game' is a pointless platforming section to retrieve a lost screwdriver. Joy.
- Dear god, does no-one have any emotions? This must have been the most boring set of line readings ever.
- Oh look, it's that stupidly pointless room from TARDIS. And it's still stupidly pointless. Kinda fun reading all the facts, even if it is stupidly pointless.
- Hey, we can combine inventory items now. Nice, but I can't see it having that many applications. This is for kids, y'know.
- Dear god, the back half of Rory's head looks wrong! Arthur Darvill must be ashamed of what they did to him! And what's with the shoulders? Why can no-one ever get the shoulders right? It's like his jacket is two sizes too big and someone's left the hanger in them.
- More stealth sections! Yay! Only now they're pathetically easy with no-one to spot me and they get broken up every 20 seconds to eavesdrop on someone delivering unbelievably forced exposition. Woo.
- Wait, all this is part of one huge level? No wonder it took ages to load.
- God, not even the extras can put emotion into their voice! Is the script really that bad?
- OK, I know they kiss in the series, but doing it in a game, especially with the Robo-Rory, is just plain wrong.
- How come no-one is questioning Amy being in modern day clothes? She stands out like a sore thumb.
- Rutans! Awesome! And the appearance is actually fairly faithful! Phil Ford's done his homework. Nerd points to him.
- That's supposed to be someone from 1605 or whatever? Oh dear lord, that's a horrendous accent!
...so yeah, it's not that good. Haven't finished it due to utter indifference, but I can't imagine the rest of the game suddenly being 300% better.
Originally Posted by MusicallyInspired
Darth, you are by far the most interesting and colourful mod here.
The views and opinions expressed in this post belong to Darth Marsden © 2025-Present.
I do not work for Telltale Games, and my views are not representative of them or anyone who works there.
Last edited by Darth Marsden; 11/01/2011 at 02:19 pm.