1) The reason people say Telltale has moved away from traditional adventure games is because both Back to the Future: The Game and Jurassic Park: The Game were major letdowns. BTTF had a strong plot but very weak puzzles, while JP:TG played like a poor man's Heavy Rain with no traditional point-and-click adventuring. Coming from a company with an excellent track record when it came to actual adventure games, it's led to many thinking they've abandoned the genre. It's not true (they wouldn't be doing King's Quest if it were) but those two titles definitely left a bad taste in people's mouths.
2) Tales of Monkey Island... oof. It's not directly set after Escape from Monkey Island, though it's clear that there's been some time since that game, but it's not specifically set after a non-existent Monkey Island 5. The option's there, certainly, but since LucasArts don't seem to want to continue the MI franchise, Tales is, to all extents and purposes, the fifth Monkey Island game. I too hope for a return to the games (I'm a fan of Morgan, as is pretty much everyone here, and I'd love to see more of her), but I don't think it'll happen, sadly.
3) Telltale was founded, I believe, to work on existing IPs (I'm sure someone will correct me on that if I'm wrong). It's certainly all they've done so far, with the exception of Poker Night at the Inventory (and possibly Puzzle Agent, though that was based on characters created by someone else), and I suspect it's what they'll continue to do. It's worked out well for them so far, and there's certainly no shortage of IPs for them to work on.
4) See my first answer. The thing is, both BTTF and JP were deliberate design decisions right from the off, and given how they've been received, I'd be surprised if Telltale repeated those decisions. I suspect we'll see Telltale get better from here. That's just my point of view though, I could well be wrong.
5) It's just King's Quest. They are making games based on The Walking Dead, as well as another comic, Fables, but sadly the only new Space Quest games we'll be seeing are fan-made ones.
Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by MusicallyInspired
Darth, you are by far the most interesting and colourful mod here.
The views and opinions expressed in this post belong to Darth Marsden © 2025-Present.
I do not work for Telltale Games, and my views are not representative of them or anyone who works there.
Last edited by Darth Marsden; 03/02/2012 at 11:39 am.
Reason: FABLES. That is all.