Originally Posted by SilencerSteven
Since you guys changed some of the plot in episode 3 (the trophies that were released earlier). What was originally supposed to happen with the forklift? It ain't really spoiling anything if you changed it
For a while in the design, the forklift was going to be used to clear the wreck out of the way by the overpass. It was replaced with the scene with Lee and Clementine getting the blowtorch together, and Lee and Omid up on the overpass with their "looks like we're going to have to jump" moment.
Originally Posted by Bloody Eugene
Who are the winners of the pre-sale contest?
I don't know who they are, actually, but they will be showing up scattered across the final two episodes.
Originally Posted by Nunya
I will admit I was one of the first who was a little upset when the games weren't coming out to the schedule that I thought they were but I've settled in for the long haul and I'm excited to get through the next two episodes.
My questions are:
1) Are you ever going to do DLC for the two months between episode one and two? Maybe add something in that would possibly influence the other episodes? (Since that answer is most likely a no...)
2) I personally think it would be fantastic if, and I do mean IF, a new main character came into season 2, would it be possible to have a "create your own character" option? I have been waiting for a game where I could customize a character that looked similar to myself and have them wade through the zombies. I had heard already about a possible season 2 and I'm just excited to see more of telltale's walking dead.
3) My last question: Will our decisions from season 1 influence season 2?
Thanks for your time!
2) Customizing a character would be interesting, possibly, but it would create some weird situations for us. We put a lot of work into what our characters look like, and then pair them with a voice actor who we think sounds the way that particular character would sound. If we had a character who could look like anything, but always sounded the same, and always talked about the same life story, I think that could break the character-driven aspects of the game, or at least make them feel less genuine. It's an interesting problem, though.
3) I know this is getting old but we haven't really put much thought into future Walking Dead games as we're still incredibly busy finishing up the current ones!
Originally Posted by multicolt
to the writer and team of the walking dead.
the story its self is extremely well written and i do agree to killing off Carley in ep. 3.
Waiting too long and then killing her off near the end would have been too much of a emotional tragedy for most gamer's. wouldn't have made me mad if you had as i can see that as poetic in nature of TWD. In life anything can happen the good AND the bad.
as for the question: 1.what can we expect to see in season 2 in terms of story but nothing spoiler in nature. 2. this one is a bit out of the right section but after TWD S2, and fables,and most likely TWD S3, will you guys make Back to the Future S2?
im asking because the voice actor that play dr. brown is geting on in years and would hate to see it end because he died.
Thanks for all the hard work.
1) See the previous guy's question number 3
2) I can't see far enough ahead through this Walking Dead episode 4 and 5 haze to answer that question reliably. We haven't announced anything beyond Walking Dead and Fables, so stay tuned I guess!
2.5) From what the BTTF team has said, Christoper Lloyd is an awesome dude. He may be old but he ruled as Doc Brown in the game. That we had him to play the part is my favorite thing about those games.
Originally Posted by Yertos
Why does Carley get the Lee's past subplot in episode 3 where you can actually choose how to tell some or all of the people, and Doug has nothing to contribute as a subplot for 3? He doesn't know but why not make a couple extra scenes with him to substitute?
Doug totally hit the starter block of the RV with a hammer! Did you see how much faster that engine turned over? That's worth its weight in gold! ... Honestly I think we didn't give Doug and "equal" thing just because it seemed like, realistically, nothing would happen at that moment with Doug. Oh man: We briefly discussed Doug building some sort of smoke bomb or something, during the time in episode 3 when you're solving the mystery of the pink chalk with Duck. The idea was that you'd get to use a smoke bomb to confuse bandits during the bandit raid. In the end it seemed too convoluted and goofy, especially on top of the already convoluted and goofy pink chalk mystery which was happening concurrently.
Originally Posted by FarmerJoe
Thanks Jake. I will miss Doug but I definitely agree with your statement regarding his and Carley's death. For me the event was even more shocking because I,mistakenly
, suspected they were at less of a risk than any of the others. For me the circumstances and reason for their deaths fitted their individual characters perfectly and tragically happened due to the build up of previous events.
My question: is there any chance of us meeting up with Lilly again in future seasons?
My Lee was a friend and would of left with her but I'm sure the more vengeful type would like to get some payback.
It's pretty unlikely that we'll see Lilly again. I hope she's alright.