Unrecoverable error overwrote props.pref / request for tool to restore it
Like a number of users I encounterd an "Unrecoverable Error" exception when launching Walking Dead for the first time from the steam client after Episode 5 was installed. From what I remember the steps were as follows:
1. Launched walking dead from steam client
2. When the game launched it was in windowed mode
3. After a few seconds a popup appeared citing an error. I'd give anything to remember what it said but I can't recall (are there logs anywhere?).
4. I selected ok and received another popup citing an "Unrecoverable Error" had occurred.
5. This effectively crashed the game and shut it down.
6. I restarted the game, again through steam client, and it proceeded to launch successfully but in windows mode.
7. I went to options, set it to full screen and back to normal resolution.
8. I went to 'Play' in the main menu to resume my game and my save file/progress was gone.
At this point I scoured the forums to try find solutions and it simply looks like there's not much I can do.
- I only have one single "Props.pref" and it exists in my "C:\Users\'user'\My Documents\Tell Tale Games\" folder
- Judging by the date modified (Today 9:43 PST) it was overwritten sometime during the crash or as a result of the unrecoverable error
- The size is seemingly tiny in comparison to what others have posted (3k vs. some other users that have 7k or 8k file sizes)
- I still have all 57 .save files from the previous 4 episodes but from what I understand they aren't overly useful since the choices made between saves are amalgamated into the Props.pref (correct me if I'm wrong here).
If everything I've stated is correct then there's almost nothing I can do. I was hoping to just get confirmation of this to either restart and to request a tool to restore the Props.pref from what remains of my .save games (highly unlikely I know).