Originally Posted by DjNDB
Did you actually load the savegame to see if it worked, or just look at the data that it shows in the savegame slot?
I am asking because the data will still be from your new savegame if you do this workaround.
I'll run you through it once more. Maybe you missed some detail earlier.
- Move all savegames and the prefs.prop away from the savegame folder
- Start Episode 4 until it saves
- Close TWD
- Copy your latest Episode 4 savegame (by time/date) to the savegame folder. Be aware that if you played on another slot, you might have other savegames from other episodes with a later date.
- set the timestamps of your old episode 4 savegame to the timestamps of the new one
- replace the new savegame, with the old one (delete new one, rename old one)
- Start TWD and load the savegame
If that still doesn't work, i don't know how to help you.
Also be aware that that workaround might have unexpected consequences, because the data that is originally stored in the prefs.prop is missing.
None of this works. I have to start all over and this could happen again from what I have read. What is Tell Tale doing to fix this issue? Who should I speak with about getting a refund on a broken game?