User Avatar Image

Walking Dead 2 Pre-order

posted by NewClearD. on - Viewed by 644 users

If I pre-order walking Dead 2 than I must order and pay the DVD? Or can I only pay the digital version?

15 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    tronix Telltale Staff

If you pre-order, you pay for the digital version. After the season is complete and a collectors disc is made, you are able to then order the DVD for just the cost of shipping and handling.

• User Avatar Image
    tronix Telltale Staff

Buying the digital version through the Telltale Games website entitles you to the disc version of the game along with a bonus DVD when they are made at the end of the season. The Disc version and DVD are free except for the cost of shipping and handling.

• User Avatar Image
    tronix Telltale Staff

An email will be sent to the people who ordered through the Telltale site when the disc version is available. The disc version is also expected to be announced and available for sale in the Telltale store. There will likely be a way for the store to detect that you previously bought the digital version and therefore set the Disc price appropriately to zero plus shipping and handling. But, since that is not setup yet, I can't guarantee it will wok that way.

• Ok, all I wanted to know is: If I buy the digital version can I avoid to buy the DVD version or I must buy necessarily the DVD version?

Cause I only want to buy the digital version I don't need the DVD special version after.

• User Avatar Image
      MattP Telltale Staff

You will not be able to buy the DVD directly. The DVD is a bonus for customers who order through the website. If you buy the digital version, your account will automatically be flagged as owning the game and applicable for the free DVD. Then, if you choose to do so, you can place a new order at the end of the season for the DVD and pay just the cost of shipping.

• If I purchase Season 2 directly from telltale, will I be able to get a steam key as well? I like the added convenience of keeping my telltale adventures "all in one place", but I'd like to support the team directly if possible. Thanks!

• if i buy the game via telltale, the dvd is worldwide shipping?? or only US?

the game can retrieve the savegames from the season one if it's the steam version?

• User Avatar Image
        Macfly77 Moderator

The DVD will ship worldwide, but shipping costs will vary by country (no one knows how much they will be and as Telltale does not currently offer any physical goods for sale in their online store, there isn't any way to estimate them at this time).

In answer to your other question, let me quote what Telltale's Tronix said in this thread:

"PC and Mac save files use the same default save space for TTG and Steam builds. So, you can buy Season 2 from Telltale and it will read your Season 1 save file from the Steam version."

• Excellent question, I've been wondering the same thing. If we do also get a Steam code, I'm preordering the game at once.

• User Avatar Image
      Macfly77 Moderator

No Steam codes for Telltale Store purchases, I'm afraid. Just the possibility of getting the end-of-season DVD for free (plus shipping).

Add Comment