User Avatar Image

Save Files from Steam

posted by aldimon on - Viewed by 978 users

Hi, I've pre-ordered Season Two of The Walking Dead directly on this website and paid with paypal. I've played the first Season of Walking Dead including 400 Days on steam. Will I be able to use these save-files for a non-steam game?

5 Comments
  • Hi, I'd be interested in knowing this too, as I am in the same situation.. I have purchased season 1 + 400 days through Steam, but have preordered Season two here. I'd like to know if there is going to be a possibility to use the savefiles.

• User Avatar Image
    tronix Telltale Staff

PC and Mac save files use the same default save space for TTG and Steam builds. So, you can buy Season 2 from Telltale and it will read your Season 1 save file from the Steam version.

• User Avatar Image
    tronix Telltale Staff

Season 2 will look for Season 1 saves in this location: PC: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\WalkingDead Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/ Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead

Season 2 will only find save games for completed episodes from Season 1.

If compatibility mode was used for Season 1, you'll want to use it for Season 2 for the saves to be found, or you will need to move the Season 1 saves to the locations the game is looking normally.

If all else fails, the basic way to insure your Season 1 save files are found is to have them in a folder within the same Telltale folder that you will find your Season 2 save space.

Add Comment