User Avatar Image

How will your saved games be ported?

posted by 2themax23 on - Viewed by 442 users

I played all of season 1 and 400 days on PS3 and i have recently upgraded my PC to run games better so I wanted to know how the saves will be ported from season 1 to season 2 will I need to purchase the game on my PS3 in order to have my decisions from season 1 affect season 2?

8 Comments
  • I had a similar question about the first season being purchased through Steam vs purchasing the second season through Telltale. Will the decisions made through the steam-purchased game make their way over to a season purchased directly through Telltale?

• I'm similar to Melakward, bought season 1 from telltale but I'm considering getting season 2 from steam. Would like to know if my choices will carry over. Hopefully telltale will clarify this, or already have and i just missed it.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Here's what Telltale's MattP said:

"The Steam and Telltale PC version use the same directory for saves, so however you play on PC, your saves should be available."

• Ahh, yes. This makes sense. For example i've bought The Walking Dead via Steam, and i've bought The Wolf Among Us via Telltale, but i can see that both their save folders are in the same folder in my documents. So i guess i can rest a bit easier now, since this should mean my decisions from season 1 will affect season 2 :)

• What about the PS3 version of season one and 400 days. Im looking to buy it off of steam and i dont know if my choices will be ported over.

• I already played through S1 and 400D on the PS3, but I want to switch to PC for S2. Can you port saves from PS3 to PC? A quick response would be nice since there is a deal on right now for S1.

• User Avatar Image
      Macfly77 Moderator

No. Here's what Telltale's MattP said elsewhere:

"Save games are not cross-platform compatible. The only way to have your own choices available for Season 1 on PC would be to play through the game on your PC. The Steam and Telltale PC version use the same directory for saves, so however you play on PC, your saves should be available."

• Thanks a bunch for the info! I tend to prefer PC for gaming if possible, so now I know an can purchase with ease from Telltale!

Add Comment