User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Login Error

posted by welshdrag on - Viewed by 36K users

Login Error Can't communicate with Telltale Servers

I've even tried allowing the software too be able to go out of the firewall. Even tried restart the computer. I am upset how I am unable to login and play this game on time. I feel sorry for myself and others to per-ordered on the website.

Just have to wait for a bit longer I suppose. While like 70% of players on steam have already got their access too their game.

I am very upset :( very heart breaking.

Alt text

242 Comments
  • Augh!! It's happening to me too. I hate to admit this, but I downloaded (I think from Green Man Gaming) a few months ago and never played it. So today, I decided to play it and I got the dreaded "You Don't Own the Game". I deleted the launcher folder but it still doesn't work. It asks me for my Tell Tale games ID and password. So I enter it and still the same message. I think it's because my game was never purchased from Tell Tale site so it thinks it's illegal, right? Can someone help with any suggestions?

Thanks Schwacker
    • User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff
      I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing an issue with the game after redeeming your Green Man Gaming code, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with this issue. Please make sure to include all of your account information, email address, and the redemption code you used to unlock the game in the email.
  • Ohhhhh Again and this time i can repair this pls help me.. same problem
    • User Avatar Image
      My apologies. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with it. Please also make sure to clarify where you purchased the game from as well.
  • Well, it is still happening. I can play TWD Season 1 and The Wolf is Among Us without - ehm, major - problems. Also TWD season 2 was running somehow, with a batch file i wrote for deleting the launcher registry entry every time I had to start the game.

Now it just shows "Can't communicate with TellTale servers". I wrote to your support, but wanted to comment here too, that nothing seems to have happened to avoid bad mood of players on weekends. Like when I make my coffee, and wan't to have a nice game.. well after hours of browsing your forum internet instead for a solution, I just have to give up and wait, until the support writes back some day. Unbelievable.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have already deleted your registry, and are still encountering this issue, can you please clarify if you have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game from communicating with our servers successfully?

• Just picked up with game today on GMG after expecting a Steam key. Now I find that it doesn't work anyway. (Can't communicate with servers). I have tried all the suggested things on the forums, I even have a separate system, which has a fresh copy of Windows 7, which doesn't work. Tried firewall off, av off, no av, no firewall, all Windows updates, fresh format no updates, graphics drivers and even monitoring the applications TCP traffic and still no go. (BTW, it looks like a server issue, since the traffic is leaving me fine.) Thought it was just me until I found this forum. I have asked GMG for a refund because this is extremely poor service. Now what are you going to do about it or does this need to go further?

• Exactly the same issue, just got this game yesterday on GMG, i tried everything, The game is not been firewalled, neither by windows or any of the 3 different routers i tried. Also thinking about asking GMG a refund for the issue before its to late. It is sad that such a good studio uses such a poor DRM service.

• This is weird but I think I found a solution that work for me about this login error. First i manually delete Launcher from registry and start game. Of course I get Login Error message (I already tried this method with no help) . After that I wrote some stupid login and password like zxc and I get different message: login/password wrong bla bla bla.. and 2 choices: signout and cancel. I picked signout and than log again. Now game succesfully connect with servers and start! I hope that this will help someone else.

PS. Sorry about my english :)

• I bought the season 2 right now and i have the message of login error, what should I do?

• User Avatar Image

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Over the weekend we experienced a higher than average amount of server connections due to the release of Wolf Among Us Episode 5. We have now resolved the issue, and you should now be able to successfully log in and connect with our servers. Please try logging in again, and you should now be able to connect.

• I purchased the PC version of the game this evening in the UK from the TTG website, installed it, went to play it and when I "click to begin" I got no sign in box, just the "Login Error - Can't communicate with Telltale servers" error message. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, deleted the Registry Key, now when I click to begin, the sign in box appears, but I sign in using my username/email address and password (which contains just letters and numbers) and click OK but still get the Login Error. Please help!

• User Avatar Image

My apologies. Unfortunately the login error you are experiencing is due to a high amount of log in requests happening at the same time. I recommend trying again a few times, and you should be able to connect successfully. Again, my sincerest apologies for any difficulties this has caused you.

• Im having problems with the steam version of the game it appears that all the games walking dead 1 400days and walking dead 2 as well as the wolf amoung us have the same problem...

Kind of anoying that it doesn't work because you can't log on and says buy the game instead of the server is busy please try later.

• I hate to be rude but FYI...

I tried everything recommended on this thread. I disabled every program on my computer that had anything to do with security, and then some. I'm still getting the login error. I have given up. I have not played one episode from this Season. From what I gather, there is also no way for me to get a refund. I purchased the whole season 2 bundle from greenmangaming.com. I'm tucking this up as a loss. Never again, though.

• Well I have that same problem... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't try starting it a second time after quiting. Delete the sync files in your docments folder. Reinstall the game... Didn't work... Changed steam to beta sort of worked sort of didn't.

Put steam on offline mode seems to work.

• i have the same problem (Login Error) and the cmd didn't work ok it works had to do delete it manually cmd didn't work

Add Comment