User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Login Error

posted by welshdrag on - Viewed by 37.5K users

Login Error Can't communicate with Telltale Servers

I've even tried allowing the software too be able to go out of the firewall. Even tried restart the computer. I am upset how I am unable to login and play this game on time. I feel sorry for myself and others to per-ordered on the website.

Just have to wait for a bit longer I suppose. While like 70% of players on steam have already got their access too their game.

I am very upset :( very heart breaking.

Alt text

242 Comments
  • This is the same thing that happened with Season one on every single release day, so don't bother writing TT - they know exactly and accept it. I was sure to get the Steam release this time but then Greenman had a significantly better offer... Now that the first reviews are in I'm not so sure it's worth waiting anyway, doesn't seem like the first episode can keep the quality of season one. And TT, where is The Wolf among us E2? It is delayed for 3months? I can wait for the episode till tomorrow but with TWAU I feel really cheated, you guys promised a release every 4-6weeks while I can still remember the last episode. On the other hand I'm sure that is calculated as well - too many projects in the pipe, are there? My next purchase will be reloaded. Thanks.

• Its working for me now, as much as I hate to alt-tab to say it, just wanted to let telltalemike know. (not the registry fix, the game just started working when I launched this time)

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still experiencing log in errors, please reply with what your error message says, and whether you are on PC or Mac, and whether your on Steam or playing through Telltale. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

• I still get the problem "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers", and i'm playing through Telltale. (PC)

• I still get the error message "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers" after clicking the screen that says "Click to begin". I'm playing the PC version through Telltale.

Edit: I changed my password and tried the registry fix. Now I get a login screen, but after I enter my username and password and click "ok" I get the same error message as before: "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers"

Edit 2: I logged into Season 1 and then tried Season 2 again. Now it works and I don't get the error message anymore.

• It's WORKING! Thank you, thank you, thank you Telltale!!

• I still get the problem "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers" WHY TELLTALE, WHY ;_;

• Thanks for solving it so fast.

• tried to login i came back from the doctor and installed it said login error what the deal?

• User Avatar Image

Please close the game, and restart your computer. Before restarting the game, please make sure to have a strong internet connection.

• Very disappointing. The game installed ok, but when I click on the link to start the game nothing happens. I tried reinstalling and it didn't help. Any ideas how I can fix this?

• User Avatar Image

You may be experiencing a password error. Please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any other non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password. If this does not fix the issue, this may be an issue with your registry.

Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

If neither of these fix your issue, can you please provide me the email associated with your account so that I can see if there are any errors in your account?

• Ive contacted support but should this be resolved? pre-ordered...not steam

Login Error

Cant communicate with Telltale Servers

and thats it..internet connection strong like bull, system rebooted

please advise

• I'm still getting a login error as well.

Haven't even seen any place to log username/pwd

EDIT: It's working now Saw in another thread a user loaded season 1 first, logged in etc.. then restarted season 2. Worked right away for me

• I still have the log in error as well. Not really going to deal with it now, I'll post a support ticket tomorrow if it still persists. Just thought I'd say that I have the problem still as well. EDIT:Got it working. I logged onto the server in Season 1 and that fixed it. If anyone has both seasons and cannot connect to the server, try logging into season 1 THEN season 2.

• The game won't download in Safari? Anyone know why?

Add Comment