User Avatar Image

Walking Dead Saving/Loading issues Steam

posted by Tom120Regan on - last edited - Viewed by 7.3K users

Hey guys.

First of all; forgive me if I'm blunt. I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I emailed TellTaleSupport and they put me onto someone named Evan, who has been literally no help, and takes up to 20 days to reply.
On top of that, i have wasted roughly 17 hours of my life trying to fix this bug. No; that's not an exaggeration.

Okay; so first of all: I have already beaten TWDG. But since then I got a new laptop, and for some reason my save file didn't carry on. Fair enough; I'd just play through again. From there I had been having some issues with choices carrying on, so I deleted all local content/everything in the walking dead folder, re-installed it, and it all worked again.
for a while.
Everything was working fine until I finished episode 2. I started episode 3, played up until the point where you return to the Motor Inn. I exit to the main menu, and it says "Episode 3" in the first save file. As it should. Plus, I can view my stats from Episodes 1 and 2.
Then I quit out of the game and start it up again. For some reason, my save file has reverted back to Episode 2. I also can no longer view my stats for Episode 2. If I click "Rewind" my only option is to play from "Chapter 1; The Woods", but if I click "continue" it says:

Rewinding will delete any progress made after this point, but retain progress made up to this point.
Do you want to rewind to this checkpoint?
[Yes] [No]

When I select "Yes" The game will pick up from the scene just before you are given the option to steal from the station wagon. The game will play as normal. However, when I try to play on from Episode 3, the problem repeats itself.

It may be worth mentioning that when I play Episode 3, save, exit and re-enter the game and the save file says "Episode 2" (as previously stated) the date will say: "08/14/13 22:24:42"
but in my "The Walking Dead" folder in "TellTale Games" in my "Documents" my latest save says: "save_31.save - 8/14/2013 7:45 PM - SAVE File"

If you actually read all this; kudos. Anyone have any ideas? I seem to be the only one on the face of the earth who has this issue. Glad I won the lottery on that one.
Thanks!

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment