User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Login Error

posted by welshdrag on - Viewed by 37.7K users

Login Error Can't communicate with Telltale Servers

I've even tried allowing the software too be able to go out of the firewall. Even tried restart the computer. I am upset how I am unable to login and play this game on time. I feel sorry for myself and others to per-ordered on the website.

Just have to wait for a bit longer I suppose. While like 70% of players on steam have already got their access too their game.

I am very upset :( very heart breaking.

Alt text

242 Comments
  • i have a different problem. I've downloaded the game and all however when i click on the shortcut to launch it goes to a full white blank page and then a full black blank page and then says. ''Telltale has encountered a problem and needs to close'' and i have to click out of it. help? i contacted the Telltale Email for problems and i have yet to get a answer does anyone have a solution to this? this game has been giving me problems for 2 straight days and i have yet to even play it. it's getting really frustrating and i have no idea what to do

• Hi all TelltaleMike contacted me in a private conversation, looked at my Dxdiag info and seemed not to be able to find a fault at my end , that with my ticket number is being passed onto support as of day three i have not had any contact from them. Maybe all other user should run that diagnostic and supply it to support when and if they contact you. Will let anyone interested know what happens from this point,

Dave

• I managed to fix the "Can't connect to Telltale's servers" error by adding a username to my Telltale account. Apparently my account only had an e-mail address, but no username.

After I added the username on the site, I had to delete the registry key per Mike's post, and restart the game

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

Hope this helps!

• Hi! thank you greatly for you giving me this wonderful advice however, it still isn't working. when i launch the game a full white blank screen pops up and then a full black screen pops up and then another full screen white blank screen pops up with this message "Telltale games has encountered a problem and needs to close" and then i have to click out of the screen.

• User Avatar Image
        TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

Hi can you please give me a DxDiag?

For PC: (To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you’ll be able to easily find it. Please copy the content and paste it in a private discussion to me.

For Mac: Select the Apple logo on the top toolbar of you desktop, then select 'About this Mac', and then 'More info...'. Now Select 'File' on the top toolbar of your desktop, then find 'Save As'. Choose a filename to easily find the document after saving, and most importantly change the file format to an easy to read document type (RTF is recommended). After you save the file, copy and paste it into a private discussion to me.

(To make a private discussion, click on a Username and then click on Private Discussion on the left hand side of the profile.)

• Hi Finally got to authenticate my game to the server .... after support got to me with the standard apology screen and list of things to do that i had already tried before on day one from the community forum . Didnt try them again and had a go at loggin in and lo and behold it authenticated except no save games found from the previous season 1 or 400 days dlc.. .

((Previous rant deleted calmed down back with good news !!))

Ok this is an edit After shutdown and reboot i restarted the game ,made sure the internet was up and running before then logged in again. Let it run through the start up and it authenticated again. Also made sure ALL the save files were where they should be and started the game it went looking for the previous save files and this time found them all !!. Game started and i have just finished playing it .

Over too soon Guys it will happen eventually.

Dave

• I get the exact same problem. On top of that when I try to login to Telltale it tells me no such email address has registered. Come on Telltale I love what you do but give me an answer or a nudge or something.

• Lucky i still can't play the game at all and the same thing keeps happening X.X

• I am getting a cannot connect to server. It has been happening since last night. Any idea why?

• I am having the EXACT same problem. I am so frustrated!

• Can someone please help me out. I just tried playing this for the first time today and I am getting the same problem. I've tried everything. The problem has to be on Telltales's end or something in the game authentication is causing problems. I would like to play this preferably before the holidays.

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

This may indicate an issue with your login information in your registry. To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Also please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

If you are still encountering an error message after trying these suggestions, please reply and specify the exact error message you see.

• I'm still getting the error that the game can't connect to the server. It doesn't give me a chance to enter my username, I tried the thing with the command window and the registry, and I have a strong internet connection.

Is there anything else I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Add Comment