Menu
User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Login Error

posted by welshdrag on - Viewed by 40.6K users

Login Error Can't communicate with Telltale Servers

I've even tried allowing the software too be able to go out of the firewall. Even tried restart the computer. I am upset how I am unable to login and play this game on time. I feel sorry for myself and others to per-ordered on the website.

Just have to wait for a bit longer I suppose. While like 70% of players on steam have already got their access too their game.

I am very upset :( very heart breaking.

Alt text

242 Comments
  • its 1:00am cant connect to telltale servers : ( such a let down

• Get error cant connect to server. tried restarting and tried hkey fix still get same message. play on a pc

• To Tall Tale Games developers, you need a patch for this ASAP or I'm demanding my money back.

• Got it working now (PC, Win 8.1):

First changed password on TT-Account (got rid of the "!"), just using letters and numbers. Second I did that Reg-Fix.

When I started the game, first nothing happens after the screens tells "Click to", but moving the mouse over the screen the Mouse changed to cursor near the word "Season". Because I saw nothing else I used ALT+TAB to go back on Desktop and changed again to the game. Now the TT-Window, where you can enter your email and password appers and after entering I was connected to the servers.

PS: Sorry for errors in my Englisch

Edit: Think it's the same as Season one. That ingame Login-Screen firstly is invisible. Have to change to Desktop and back to game to make it visible.

• Getting the 'Can't Communicate with Telltale Servers' within 5 seconds of Clicking to Begin. This really feels like the same issue that plagued season 1 both on the launch day for each episode as well as trying later.

Hopefully the version that comes on the CE DVD doesn't have to connect to the server to be playable :/

• shit i got the same problem. i should of gone through steam if i know there was a problem. i figured going through TTG was better.

• Tried uninstalling and re-installing it did not help and none of the fixes helped either.

• Hello, same problem : I can't connect to server (Login Error Cant communicate with Telltale Servers) How can I do ?

Is there any subtitles in french somewhere ?

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

This may be caused by a number of things. Please make sure your Telltale Games account password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

If the problem persists, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

We have fixed the major server connection issues, but there are still a few people experiencing them. If you are one of them, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com. Make sure to include your email associated with your account. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Still can't "communicate with server" and haven't heard back from support since like 9PM last night. This is some seriously awful customer service.

Add Comment