User Avatar Image

Can we just get a Steam code for season 2?

posted by mister_stiglitz on - Viewed by 12.8K users

Seriously, it'll save everyone time, you guys wont have to figure out what's wrong, and we can just get to playing.

106 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

We currently are not giving steam codes to customers that purchase through our website. I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the server connection issue.

• Why not? Why mess with what works? Can I get a refund so I can just buy it through steam, I don't care about the pre-order extras any-more if this is the service I am to expect for the next 4 chapters.

• It cannot possibly come as a surprise to you that these issues with your servers exists - I experienced exactly this at every new episode release from last season, and you were quite quick to hand out Steam keys to any one who owned the game through your website back then. So why not this time? And how is it possible to be so completely caught off guard every single time you release an episode of this game? You have had plenty of time to figure out a way to scale your servers to match the huge demand that obviously exists for your games, since you released the first episode of last season more than a year ago. The main problem here is that when you tell everyone that the game is out, and then put up a big red sign when they are just about to start it up saying that they can’t play (syke!), people will get disappointed. Better to spend another week tweaking the load balancing of your servers to make sure that everyone who preordered will actually be able to play the game when you say they can. So please. Spend some time and money to improve the experience around your releases, or the disappointment will soon turn into fans turning their backs on you. Or at least finding different channels of acquiring your products, which I guess will result in less money to Telltale and more to the middle hand.

• You apologise????

How is it that the company that made the game are the ones struggling to get it working whilst all the steam and pirated players are playing it?

The idea of preorder is just that we pay before the game is released so we can have the first access to it.To me this is an unacceptable level of customer service. I and many other disgruntled customers have paid for something which is clearly not working!

I think the above comment regarding the steam codes is a valid one and probably the least TT can do to try to win its semi-loyal customers back. As this isn't the first time you had problems with games on launch days. These games should be tested several times before launch to guarantee they work.

• So I'm freaking out here a bit... I've played TWD Season 1 and 400 days, I have the saves but I bought/played it via Steam.

The way I picked up TWD S2 was through the GMG deal, which gave me a code to input on the Telltale Games website, which I did, but they had me create an account and apparently my e-mail address didn't show my having an account already, so that's what I did. Come today and I go to get the game (hoping it would be a cd-key I could use on Steam) but they have me download the entire game and then log in to my Telltale account when it opens up... now none of my choices have been made... what gives? How to I get my save game files in there?!?!

• I wish we could just get a steam key instead! :/

• I want a Steam key too. This is completely ridiculous. I'm writing a letter to the BBB about this poor, poor effort at customer service.

• I AGREE GETTING CONSUMERS MONEY AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND TELLING THEM A RELEASE DATE OF DECEMBER 31 2013 MIDNIGHT SEASON 2 SERIES OF GAME WILL BE AVAILABLE AND NOT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE FOR TELLTALE COMPANY, YOU WERE ON A GOOD ROLL UNTIL THIS HAPPEN I UNDERSTAND THINGS HAPPEN BUT, BUT YOU GUYZ HAVE YET TO ANNOUNCE ANYTHING IF YOU DO NOT WANT A LAW SUIT I SUGGEST YOU GUYS ANSWER MY EMAIL OR PHONE MESSAGE, IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY AND CREDIT INFORMATION MORE THAN THE GAME I AS A CONSUMER DO NOT TRUST COMPANIES THAT ARE NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THERE CUSTOMERS. THANK YOU

• User Avatar Image

We are working hard through each and every customer support issue, we unfortunately do not provide customer support over the phone, as stated on our phone message that you receive when calling. Due to the release of The Walking Dead: Season Two, we are a little backed up on customer support emails. We are getting to everyone that has sent us an email, and when we get to yours we will respond and hopefully be able to have a solution to your problem. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

• User Avatar Image

The server connection issues have been fixed. Please try to log in again, and you should be able to get into the game.

LukeB: If you are having save troubles, please make sure the Season1 save data is in the proper file location for your computer to locate it. If on PC:

Copying the prefs.prop and all .save files from

%PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\

to

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\

should let season 2 find your savegames.

If on Mac:

~/Library/Application Support/ Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead and do the same thing.

Make sure you choose to overwrite the existing prefs.prop. file.

• The Issues havent been fixed! Same Problem...cant log in ....

regards

• They haven't been fixed. I still can't connect.

• I tried this and couldn't find any Walking Dead files in the Steam folder.

• How do I get a refund? I just downloaded this game with a redeem code from Amazon pre-order, and it has this login error. I need to be able to play the game immediately. Please give me a refund or a substitute (people mention Steam) or I will ask my credit card company to reverse the charges. If I can't play the game despite paying for it, it is considered theft. Thanks.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Please try logging in again alternating between your username and your email address. If you still encounter a Login Error, this may indicate an issue with your login information in your registry. To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Also please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

If you are still encountering an error message after trying these suggestions, please reply and specify the exact error message you see.

If after trying the above suggestions, the game doesn't work, or you would still like to inquire about a refund, please contact the retailer that you purchased the game from.

• Why yours game didn't search in proper location for saved data? Why users must play with it with their hands? Is that was so hard to check both locations for saved games? Who as who, but TTG knows where savegames are stored. This really looks unproffesional when people need to fix themselves programmers bugs. :-(

• To me its also unacceptable! I never pre order anymore with this Plattform here.

If the devs are good they give us a second key for having this issues as pre order customers!

• Thanks for the help. There was nothing really wrong with the game other than not being able to ensure everything was setup before "starting" a new game, which is where I was freaking out, I wasn't about to start a new game without those save game files being loaded in... turned out you have to start the game before TWD S2 searches your HDD for the files... THAT could have been in the "Help & Options" section, as I found no help on the matter there.

On the plus side, had lots of quick responses and help on the support boards here and it turned out I was panicking over nothing more than slightly poor in-game directions. All is sorted now... I hope :P

• I went on to youtube this morning and saw people have already uploaded lets plays and was like "where's that email I was promised from telltale? Never mind, as long as I can play it I guess it's ok... Oh wait I CAN't?!" Wtaf is this, preorders are meant to ensure you get to play it first! This is total bs. Stuff the preorder content I want a refund so I can just go and get a steam key. Shouldn't have trusted Telltale with my money outright.

• Server issues are not fixed.

Add Comment