User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Season Two on PS3 and Xbox 360 in Ireland, Russia, NZ

posted by puzzlebox on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 19.6K users

We can confirm that The Walking Dead: Season Two will be coming to Russia and New Zealand on PlayStation 3 and to Ireland, Russia, and New Zealand on Xbox 360. A late-breaking issue with ratings submission in these countries meant the season premiere could not coincide with other regions, but rest assured they'll have Season Two early in the new year. We appreciate the patience of those who've been waiting to play the season premiere on their preferred platform.

214 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Hi guys! Things have been progressing, and at this point I think we're just waiting to confirm solid dates. Rest assured that we definitely haven't forgotten these regions! We'll share the release date(s) here as soon as we're able to.

• Well, today a friend of mine just finished 400 Days. Whenever he comes around to my place he plays an episode. I got him into this good game and I'm hoping I made the right call. I hope there won't be any rating problems in these countries for future games.

• Please keep us updated on this telltale. Even just frequent reminders that you haven't forgotten about us. I'm in ireland . just bought all of season 1 last week as I noticed the episode was free, played it and was hooked. If only I'd known about the season 2 delay I'd have held off on playing the first one for a month longer. So frustrating that the majority of the world can play it and only a small number of us cant. I would imagine if this really was a rating issue it wouldn't be available on psn either. Weird

• Clementine "Do you think things will ever get back to how they were?"

Lee "Yeah. Not sure when but one day."

Clementine "I hope it's soon."

It's almost like that short trailer for season 2 was hinting about how people of NZ, Russia and Ireland would be feeling about why they have season 1 but not season 2.

• Hello guys and gals of all you great people, how are you all holding up? Well, today I'm going to introduce something a little different (actually it's very different). I know a lot of us are burning inside each and everyday we don't get The Walking Dead season 2. Well for those of you who are hanging in there and wouldn't mind something different to help ease the wait (which shouldn't be too much longer) I have just the thing!

Abrakadabra: https://www.facebook.com/itsjamiesworld This magic you behold infront of your very eyes is a link to a facebook page called Jamie's World. Now Jamie Curry (obviously the owner and star) is a beautiful, young and enthusiactic New Zealander who's not afraid of acting crazy infront of the world. Her pages have gained such a large number of fans and continues to grow. She does a lot of short funny videos and wants to persue acting in the future. So if you're looking for something to bridge this wait, you've landed yourself just the thing. Help support our comedian and ofcourse your needs for episode 1: All that remains TODAY!

(The contents of this advert are proudly sponsored by Woodbury)

• Can someone please explain why we are still waiting for the game in New Zealand when it was rated back on December 13th?

http://www.censorship.govt.nz/

(Website doesn't allow a direct link to the page but it's easily enough found by searching for Walking Dead)

• User Avatar Image
      Jennifer Moderator

We have to wait for Microsoft and Sony to set the dates, since they are in complete control of the release dates of digital releases on PSN and XBLA (since they set the dates on their marketplaces themselves, and only release a certain amount of games per week, and only on certain days).

The marketplace pages are up for all three regions though, so hopefully they'll set the release dates soon.

• OK that makes sense. But if it was rated on the 13th of December, why wasn't it released along with the other EU countries on the 18th? And why was the original company line that it wasn't planned for an NZ release?

Sorry for the ranting and thanks for the update btw, it's appreciated!

• been a week since you were waiting to confirm solid dates...

• Hey guys! I think it's available! Every time I go onto my xbox I check if season 2 was out through a habbit and I found it. There were 2 files. One of them is to download a free trial and another one is download for free (which I'm in the middle of doing now). I came on here to see if Puzzlebox or anyone has confirmed something but I guess not. This seems too good to be true but if it's all good then thank you Telltale I appreciate it greatly :)

• Just checked your right it seems to be available ish. All I see is free trial. Have you downloaded it?

• Yeah I downloaded it. I've slightly misled you. Even though one of them said "free trial" and the other one said "free game" I guess they were both a free trial. But still it ran pretty well and was fun to play. This could only mean one thing. We should be getting season 2 within days I'm predicting.

• Would just like to point out that although this may be true for xbox, there is nothing on the Playstation Store (NZ) as of yet. They update it on Thursdays though so maybe it will show the trial (or hopefully the game lol) by then.

Add Comment