Menu
User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 23.3K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Michael Listening said: Actually, there is empirical evidence of this: EoMI's mists o' time.

Heh, that was one of the best parts in Escape imo

• Lechuck sending Guybrush to the future with his voodoo powers and then going back to the past to prevent your future demise would be more appropriate I think.:p

Okay, another idea: In a 6th game, Lechuck and the Voodoo lady wouldn't be there(breathtaking :D ), and we could meet a new villain, brown beard or something like that. At the beginning he could just be a bad treasure hunter, but gradually he could become as bad as LeChuck. In the game, Guybrush would try to stop him while he's trying to find a cursed treasure, but he would fail, and brown beard would become a Voodoo zombie with a lot of power. Guybrush would stop him at the end but brown beard would stay "ugly" with a face damaged because of the voodoo powers. And after that, he would hate Guybrush and would become a new ennemy of the Monkey Island Universe. :)

And in a 7th game, the Voodoo lady would create sort of monsters with the essence of LeChuck. Brown beard could want to take that power to be powerful again. But at the middle of the game, we see that LeChuck escaped from the jar, and he can posess everyone he wants to so he posses brown beard and disappears with voodoo powers(it's LeChuck. :D ). Later in the game Guybrush wants to stop LeChuck again but, at the end of a fourth chapter, just before the finale, when Guybrush kisses Elaine, LeChuck starts laughing at Guybrush: he took possession of Elaine's body(yeah, LeChuck can be very horrible :D ), he says that if Guybrush wants to kill him again, he'll have to kill Elaine. In the final chapter, Guybrush asks himself, he doesn't know what to do. But Elaine tells him to kill her, that's the only way. Guybrush kills her, he's alone. Then he wants to kill the Voodoo Lady because it's her fault if LeChuck escaped.

We won't know what happened to brown beard until a 9th game. :D

• There needs to be a season season.
    Its that simple.
    TellTale did a utterly utterly superb job with ToMI, and theres no reason why they cant do it again. Frankly, I think ToMI actualy was superiour to all the other games in some areas....like direction and drama. All the games are funny, but ToMI actualy had some really nice drama too. Puzzle diversity too, there was some real nice stuff.

In short; we need more :)
    Don't need 1 a year or anything, a rest is fine, but we need another one, and then hopefully one after that :D

• @Scarlet Spider said: Lechuck sending Guybrush to the future with his voodoo powers and then going back to the past to prevent your future demise would be more appropriate I think.:p

Okay, another idea: In a 6th game, Lechuck and the Voodoo lady wouldn't be there(breathtaking :D ), and we could meet a new villain, brown beard or something like that. At the beginning he could just be a bad treasure hunter, but gradually he could become as bad as LeChuck. In the game, Guybrush would try to stop him while he's trying to find a cursed treasure, but he would fail, and brown beard would become a Voodoo zombie with a lot of power. Guybrush would stop him at the end but brown beard would stay "ugly" with a face damaged because of the voodoo powers. And after that, he would hate Guybrush and would become a new ennemy of the Monkey Island Universe. :)

And in a 7th game, the Voodoo lady would create sort of monsters with the essence of LeChuck. Brown beard could want to take that power to be powerful again. But at the middle of the game, we see that LeChuck escaped from the jar, and he can posess everyone he wants to so he posses brown beard and disappears with voodoo powers(it's LeChuck. :D ). Later in the game Guybrush wants to stop LeChuck again but, at the end of a fourth chapter, just before the finale, when Guybrush kisses Elaine, LeChuck starts laughing at Guybrush: he took possession of Elaine's body(yeah, LeChuck can be very horrible :D ), he says that if Guybrush wants to kill him again, he'll have to kill Elaine. In the final chapter, Guybrush asks himself, he doesn't know what to do. But Elaine tells him to kill her, that's the only way. Guybrush kills her, he's alone. Then he wants to kill the Voodoo Lady because it's her fault if LeChuck escaped.

We won't know what happened to brown beard until a 9th game. :D

*facepalms* OK guy's listen! Fan fictions all well and good, but could we make it at least feel like Monkey Island? I mean no offence dude, the story's good, but none of that is actually very fitting with the MI universes feel. For a start Elaine dying would be drastic for MI, let alone Guybrush killing her, wtf?

Here's what I see, a game that explains what happened on the missing parts between games. So a episodic adventure like this:

The first ep would explain how Guybrush ended up on Melee in the first place and wanted to be a pirate.
    The second ep would explain what happened in the year between MI1 and MI2.
    The third ep would explain how Guybrush escaped Big Whoop.
    The fourth ep could actually fill in some of what happened between EMI and ToMI.
    The final ep could just fill in a little of the gap about what's been going on since ToMI and end on a bit of a cliff hanger (so literally where Tales season 2 would start from).

Then of course we could get Tales season 2. That could be a game that wraps things up and ends the series. I know, I know 'END'S THE SERIES!?!', well frankly yes. As much as I love MI, I would actually like to see them go out on a high note and not slowly become stale over time. Though it could also be just the end of the 'LeChuck saga' and the new games could be based around a new villain! :D

Course this is just my thoughts on it. I'd play new MI games either way though :P

Other then a possible gap filling game and Tales season 2, I think all we need after that is a EMI special Edition which corrects some of the problems with the original. Oh and maybe a CMI special edition. Just so we can play it in HD and on modern computers without using SCUMMVM, plus some bonus content (like concept art and directors commentary, or even a commentary with Dominic Armato) would be cool!

@Scarlet Spider said: There needs to be a season season.
    Its that simple.
    TellTale did a utterly utterly superb job with ToMI, and theres no reason why they cant do it again. Frankly, I think ToMI actualy was superiour to all the other games in some areas....like direction and drama. All the games are funny, but ToMI actualy had some really nice drama too. Puzzle diversity too, there was some real nice stuff.

Don't need 1 a year or anything, a rest is fine, but we need another one, and then hopefully one after that :D

I agree. Though I have to say I think MI2, CMI and Tales are all on par, I do think Tales has the slight edge cos of the end of Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 being so unique and epic!

Sorry for such a long post guy's! :P

• @Darkflame said: There needs to be a season season.
    Its that simple.

Well said. Someone in charge take note. ;)

• Yeah, I know it's drastic, I wouldn't see it in a Monkey Island game, and I started to play this saga when I was 5. :D

But a new villain could be a good idea no? :)

• @Scarlet Spider said: Yeah, I know it's drastic, I wouldn't see it in a Monkey Island game, and I started to play this saga when I was 5. :D

But a new villain could be a good idea no? :)

It needs to be someone that plays 2nd fiddle to LeChuck (like Largo), someone mysterious and completely independent but very ambiguous/not necessarily evil (Morgan) or a powerful independent force of piratey/Caribbean native evil. A figurehead that includes LeChuck as 2nd man (Ozzy) just doesn't work full stop. Nor does a main season villain being someone high up in the navy, or a Governor, etc.. The same goes for bodiless spirits (GP LeC doesn't count because he had human form and walked). LeChuck2s/Voodoo Lady2s also wouldn't work.

• It hasn't been that long since the last post, but any more word on this? I'm new to TTG and am finishing up Sam & Max S1, and was thinking about get TOMI next...but if it just ends abruptly (I don't know) with no sequel in sight, I may just get Sam & Max S2 instead.

• Okay, does anyone else think the fact that this was stickied could be a sign?

Moving on, here are some things I want in MI6 (Not season 2, for the love of God don't call it TMI2)

- British Navy. This would be new, refreshing, piratey (unlike mermaids... ugh), and could be HILARIOUS. Some characters could be monty python esque, but some could be serious navy types. The juxtoposition would bring back the irony of SMI and LCR.

- Morgan isn't in the game. She is mentioned as a myth, but she's too new of a ghost to be a real threat at this point. Plus I'm sure she has some emotional issues to sort out first.

- Voodoo lady as the main villain, though only after a few episodes where you think she's fine still.

- Less cartoony

- Less compressed audio

- New Engine (TTT is getting old, unfortunately)

- Elaine being a bitch again

- LeChuck not in the game, but referenced as an old legend.

- Men of Low Moral Fiber

- More than one main island. Spinner Cay didn't count. I will pay double for the game and wait twice as long between episodes. Better yet, take a year to finish it and release it as a single game.

TTG has a lot of Promise and TMI was good how it was, but I want better for MI, though it was great fun and the story was good (minus those mermaids), it didn't fit the SCOPE of the previous games.

• @scutheotaku said: It hasn't been that long since the last post, but any more word on this? I'm new to TTG and am finishing up Sam & Max S1, and was thinking about get TOMI next...but if it just ends abruptly (I don't know) with no sequel in sight, I may just get Sam & Max S2 instead.

Go get TOMI. Believe me you're not making a mistake. To some of us, the end was a little dissatisfying because a lot of questions were left unanswered - on the other hand, that's one reason why a sequel is possible and likely to happen.

Add Comment