Menu
User Avatar Image

Soundtrack

posted by Strong Max on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Jared Emerson-Johnson's jazz pieces are unbelievable in these games. As a musician (Piano, Guitar, Trumpet, Tuba, Fluglehorn, and Euphonium usually) I would like to play them with my friends. Is there any way to get sheet music of his songs?

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Strong Max said: Jared Emerson-Johnson's jazz pieces are unbelievable in these games. As a musician (Piano, Guitar, Trumpet, Tuba, Fluglehorn, and Euphonium usually) I would like to play them with my friends. Is there any way to get sheet music of his songs?

I seriously wish there was. But in one thread, a long time ago, someone posted their composition of "The Office" for piano. I'm learning it now. Are you any good at composition? If so, World of Max? Maybe? I'm desperate...

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

I talked to Jared and it sounds like it may be possible to get you the Sibelius file with arranged parts for about half the instruments (all the live instruments in a track get sheet music arranged, everything else stays in midi land and doesn't have prepared parts or notation) or chord charts, for a tune. Any track(s) in particular you had in mind?

• For anyone that cares. I know the basic chords to "You Me and Ted E Bear"

Intro (single notes)

C, C#, D / G, A, B, C x2

C, C#, D / D, C, B, A, G (let the G ring)

Verse

C, G7 x2 / F, G

Chorus ("No mafia no")

Am, AmM7, Am7, Am6 x2 / F, G

Outro's the same as intro. Also for guitar players, and anyone who is (rightfully) second guessing my chord naming, here's the shapes and individual notes for the "funnier" chords

G7

1 F
    0 B
    0 G
    0 D
    x x
    3 G

Am (i use an Am minor higher up the neck for this part)

5 A
    5 E
    5 C
    7 A
    0 A
    x x

AmM7

5 A
    5 E
    5 C
    6 Ab
    0 A
    x x

Am7

5 A
    5 E
    5 C
    5 G
    0 A
    x x

Am6

5 A
    5 E
    5 C
    4 F#
    0 A
    x x

When i'm playing the outro I play it in open chords, for the C# I just drag the standard C shape up a fret leaving all the same strings open as normal, it's actually a really good fit if I say so myself.

so it's

C#

0 E
    2 C#
    0 D
    3 F
    4 C#
    x x

Whew, long post, and all before 9am :)

@Jake said: Any track(s) in particular you had in mind?

I'd love "WAR" myself if that's an offer ;) I'm too lazy shit to figure out all the different parts

• @JedExodus said:
    I'd love "WAR" myself if that's an offer ;) I'm too lazy shit to figure out all the different parts

Yes, Good for You (Good for Me) too please! {*ashamed*}{*blushes*}

And tell Jared I think he's awesome!

Ooh! What about the music from the Season 3 trailer!

• @The Highway said: If so, World of Max? Maybe? I'm desperate...

It starts in A# if that helps it's like

A# "stick a fork in"

Dm "open wide"

Gm "everyone is"

F# "max inside"

But then I got a bit fed up and had a sandwich, i'll work on it later, or if anyone knows then fire it up here

• Twilight Eternal and Cogs in Motion?

• @JedExodus said: It starts in A# if that helps it's like

A# "stick a fork in"

Dm "open wide"

Gm "everyone is"

F# "max inside"

But then I got a bit fed up and had a sandwich, i'll work on it later, or if anyone knows then fire it up here

Well, I kind of want to play with BOTH hands, not just chords :D but thanks anyway.

• ... :eek::eek::eek:

Please tell me I'm not crazy, and explain what's going on: I'm not recognising any of the notes you guys are listing :eek: And how do you show them with letters rather than the, er... thing with lines and notes? (unsure of the name in English).

• @avistew said: ... :eek::eek::eek:

Please tell me I'm not crazy, and explain what's going on: I'm not recognising any of the notes you guys are listing :eek: And how do you show them with letters rather than the, er... thing with lines and notes? (unsure of the name in English).

You mean without the notes on a stave? I'm pretty sure he's talking about playing it on the guitar, because he's just talking about chords (i think). That's it!

Add Comment