Menu
User Avatar Image

Out of control Batman thread!

posted by kaptein_kaffe on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

I was thinking that we could talk about Batman. This is the thread where anything Batman related goes.

Personally I really like Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan's movies. I also enjoy some episodes of the cartoon every once in a while (btbtb). The subjects of conversation however, are endless. I'm just gonna see what you guys would like to discuss and go from there :D

Villians, comics, movies, games, cartoons? Gogo!

-kap

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: I saw a mock-up poster that cast Neil Patrick Harris as The Riddler.

I could totally see that working.

I honestly don't know what they're going to do. The story arc for the trilogy can't really go "up" from here. It has to escalate somehow. Maybe R'as should come back, considering he's immortal and all.

Or, you know, they could steal Music Meister from Brave and the Bold.

I don't doubt for a second that Neil Patrick Harris as the riddler could work. They could also cast Rob Halford as Music Meister :D

I'm serious.

Anyways, I read somewhere that this is going to be the last batman movie from Christopher Nolan. The question is if they're going to pass the director role to someone else or make a finale with good closure. I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.

• @kaptein_kaffe said: I don't doubt for a second that Neil Patrick Harris as the riddler could work. They could also cast Rob Halford as Music Meister :D

Neil Patrick Harris was the voice of Music Meister in Brave and the Bold, so I couldn't see anyone else playing him. =P

• I can really see the guy who plays Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory as Edward Nigma/The Riddler.

think about it

• @Rather Dashing said: Neil Patrick Harris was the voice of Music Meister in Brave and the Bold, so I couldn't see anyone else playing him. =P

Fair 'nuff. I weren't being serious about the whole "being serious" bit anyways :)

@Rather Dashing said: I can really see the guy who plays Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory as Edward Nigma/The Riddler.

think about it

They are very similar characters in a lot of ways, so it's easy to imagine Sheldon as the riddler but that would be like seeing Bruce Campbell from the Evil dead movies starring as a character different then Ash. Totally out of place :D

• @Rather Dashing said: I honestly don't know what they're going to do. The story arc for the trilogy can't really go "up" from here. It has to escalate somehow.

I think I heard somewhere that he (Nolan) was talking about how he wanted to end his Batman story with the third film. I think he said something about how comics go on indefinitely but that isn't the case with films. He said that once he realised this, he realised how he could make the third film really well (so I'm assuming it ends with Batman's death or at least retirement). I'm paraphrasing huge amounts, though.

I also heard something about Nolan doing a Superman film... I can't wait to see how that will work out. I absolutely love all of the films of his I've seen so far (momentum, the prestige and the batman movies come to mind), so I can't see him messing it up.

Edit: I just found this article: http://www.newsarama.com/film/christopher-nolan-superman-batman-100310.html It has all the quotes I was (poorly) paraphrasing.

• @Fealiks said: I think I heard somewhere that he (Nolan) was talking about how he wanted to end his Batman story with the third film. I think he said something about how comics go on indefinitely but that isn't the case with films. He said that once he realised this, he realised how he could make the third film really well (so I'm assuming it ends with Batman's death or at least retirement). I'm paraphrasing huge amounts, though.

I don't know. As much as I love unconventional endings, I can't see that working well with Nolan's Batman. The guy really isn't even through the starting leaps of his career. He is just now to the point where he has become the "real Batman". Cut off from any real love interest, taken down a few supervillians, and he has the trappings of the universe only now in place.

I could see an ending that leaves things open, though some closer with R'as would be nice.

I also heard something about Nolan doing a Superman film... I can't wait to see how that will work out. I absolutely love all of the films of his I've seen so far (momentum, the prestige and the batman movies come to mind), so I can't see him messing it up.

He is going to have a "producer/mentor" role. Another person will be directing, but Nolan apparently has his hands in it at a pretty high level.

• I'like The Killing Joke comic , and I shocked when I saw the ending !

• @Dead Man said: I'like The Killing Joke comic , and I shocked when I saw the ending !

I hate it. Too cliché explanation for a master supervillain like Joker.

• @Falanca said: I hate it. Too cliché explanation for a master supervillain like Joker.

The Killing Joke was amazing, though!

Add Comment