Menu
User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 69K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Went to a local DVD store today, and they had "The Thick of It" in the new releases section. I'd say it was obviously an attempt to cash in on the "Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor" phase, but there was no obvious mention of Peter Capaldi being the 12th Doctor.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: At least he's got his bases covered.

Still, I'd trust anyone who writes in all-caps as far as I could throw them.

I dont know... I kind of like it. Although, this close to the reveal of the 12th Doctor, I'd rather wait for a 12 Doctor (or even better 13, including John Hurt) version.

• The first material shot for Doctor Who (the title sequence) was recorded 50 years ago today.

• Ghostly tennant on the right is the best!

Oh, and here's The sixth doctor giving a speech about the time war.

• I hope the Hurt Doctor secret is something like this.

• What I love about the John Hurt thing is all the people asserting that their favourite theory is the ONLY one that can explain who the character will be, usually flatly contradicting what we see on screen.

In other news, the latest missing episodes rumour is that something will be unveiled at the "Missing Presumed Lost" event in October. This appears to be based on nothing more than the fact that it's far enough off for people to forget about the rumour by the time the event rolls around and they reveal that everything presumed lost, is still lost.

In actual news, the latest Big Finish podcast is a free hour-long Iris Wildthyme adventure. Presumably not featuring the Doctor, but since it stars Katy Manning that still counts, right?

• @FitzoliverJ said: What I love about the John Hurt thing is all the people asserting that their favourite theory is the ONLY one that can explain who the character will be, usually flatly contradicting what we see on screen.

In other news, the latest missing episodes rumour is that something will be unveiled at the "Missing Presumed Lost" event in October. This appears to be based on nothing more than the fact that it's far enough off for people to forget about the rumour by the time the event rolls around and they reveal that everything presumed lost, is still lost.

In actual news, the latest Big Finish podcast is a free hour-long Iris Wildthyme adventure. Presumably not featuring the Doctor, but since it stars Katy Manning that still counts, right?

What do the beatles have to do with your post?
    Unless John Hurt is the guy who Paul McCartney regenerated into in 1966, sparking all the conspiracy rumours...

• @Friar said: What do the beatles have to do with your post?

One of the most ardently desired lost episodes of something other than "Doctor Who" is an appearance of the Beatles on TV, and in one of Big Finish's audios it is revealed that the Meddling Monk has got this safely locked away in his own personal archive of things he can flog for a huge profit.

BBC Three planning unimaginative clip show, but there's been so little news it's actually reassuring to think that somebody at the Beeb has thought of doing something obvious

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a511399/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-show-to-air-on-bbc-three.html

• If anyone wants to create a new thread for the new forum (before its too late!) then feel free to kill this one off. I don't have the time to set one up at the moment. I don't think this style of thread would work AT ALL in the new forum style, and given that that forum can't cope with longer threads, maybe a reboot would be good, to delay the inevitable.

Add Comment