Menu
User Avatar Image

Clementine Not So Smart?

posted by Elron on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

I found it funny that in the beginning of the game, Clementine tells us that she is eight years old, but later (on the farm), she mentions she is in first grade. Guess she's not too bright because most first graders are six, and a few are seven. She must have been held back.

96 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • She's definitely got Street Smarts

• @Elron said: I found it funny that in the beginning of the game, Clementine tells us that she is eight years old, but later (on the farm), she mentions she is in first grade. Guess she's not too bright because most first graders are six, and a few are seven. She must have been held back.

I got held back an extra year in kindergarten. Guess I wasn't too smart. (Shyness was the real reason. :P)

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@kayvent said: Some cultures "count their years". For those in Computer Science, they know what I mean.

'We' as North Americans tend to say a person who was born 13 years ago is 13 (years old), but some cultures would say they are 14 because they are in their 14th year. Maybe Clementine is asian.

I hadn't thought of that, but that makes a lot of sense. Clementine definitely looks like she could be Asian or part Asian.

• Redrum! Redrum!

Actually I was started late in school. But scored in the top 2% of the nation for my ACT and SAT tests, and have maintained extremely close to a 4.0 average throughout my years at university, so intelligence is not lacking. My mother decided to start me later because I was hyperactive as a child and she wanted me to calm down a bit before putting me into that environment.

There are many valid reasons, other than lack of intelligence, for which a child may have started later in school.

• I started school early but i was in another country at the time

• I was born in October so was usually oldest in my class as well/started late. But also did well all through school and got good scores in testing. I turned 8 in 1st grade

• @RoboSheriff said: Did one playthrought with that off and another with Ui on and yea it popped up

That's Lee's assumption.

so he's the one who's behind. :D
    look at his face, so uncertain...

• Queen Clem was held back a year do to blatant racism against Asian/African Americans in Georgia. I smell a Conspiracy!

Or She might have been sick for a while that dress she wears looks like the same thing sickly girls in horror movies wear

• @Elron said: I found it funny that in the beginning of the game, Clementine tells us that she is eight years old, but later (on the farm), she mentions she is in first grade. Guess she's not too bright because most first graders are six, and a few are seven. She must have been held back.

She was held back for throttling the last person who questioned her intelligence.

• @Drake Sigar said: She was held back for throttling the last person who questioned her intelligence.

She was so intelligent she actually made the teachers feel stupid so it's their attempt at revenge. But remember what happened when Arnold Rimmer was held back in an alternate universe.... What a Guy

This discussion has been closed.