Menu
User Avatar Image

iOS episode 2-5 download SOLUTION [unofficial]

posted by Magicpness on - last edited by MattP - Viewed by 25.1K users

Hurray, episode 2 finally came out!

...except, I'm having major difficulties downloading episode 2. I'm not sure what the issue is but some advice would be nice:

First, im in china. Second, I normally don't have iTunes download problems, but with the walking dead, each failed download attempt restarts the progress back to 0, unfortunately not saving any previous downloaded packets. Third, the error message repeatedly says 'I need to be connected to the Internet to download ...'. I'm connected to the Internet, tried multiple locations, all to no end. Is it server side?

I've downloaded up to 10+% multiple times to the point where if the packets were saved, I should have episode 2 by now. The connection drops at random speeds, random percentages, although it seems to drop the most between 10-25%. I haven't past 52% as of yet.

I figured, since I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting a few more days for episode 2, but to have the option to download it and not work is more infuriating than a non disclosed release date. Suggestions would be nice (iPad reset doesn't work. Don't want to redownload app due to losing game saves)

EDIT : Solution posted on page 4

81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @telltalemike I tried the directions from the link above and it didn't work. I really love this game and want to continue. Please help!

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff
    In reply to Toniabartley

@telltalemike I tried the directions from the link above and it didn't work. I really love this game and want to continue. Please help!

link

If you are still unable to restore your purchase(s) by following the steps in the workaround thread, please try proceeding through the purchase path to purchase Multi-Pack again, then when you are prompted, enter your password. As long as you are logging into the same Apple account that you originally purchased the game application with, you should be able to tap 'Buy' when it says “Confirm your in-app purchase”, and you will receive a pop up saying “You’ve already purchased this. Would you like to get it again for free?” and tap OK.

• In reply to TelltaleMike

If you are still unable to restore your purchase(s) by following the steps in the workaround thread, please try proceeding through the purchase path to purchase Multi-Pack again, then when you are prompted, enter your password.

link

@Telltalemike ok. I managed to get it again without paying. ( thank you) but it stays at 0%. Any suggestions?

• User Avatar Image
    In reply to Toniabartley

@Telltalemike ok. I managed to get it again without paying. ( thank you) but it stays at 0%. Any suggestions?

link

I recommend resetting your Wireless Access Point for your WiFi network, then connect again after it has finished resetting, then try downloading the episode again, and see if you are able to have a better connection with our servers to be able to download the episode successfully.

@AleVasa If you are currently unable to successfully download the episodes through the in-game process, please try looking over [This…

link

@TelltaleMike thanks for your immediate response, but I spotted another problem following that thread so I can't download the episodes yet.

I tried with "Automatic Download" and "Semi-automatic Download", the python scripts run both but the download continue to fail and the window shows this message continuously:

Downloading: WalkingDead102/7_mac_shaders.ttarch (13.38 MB) Checking: WalkingDead102/7_mac_shaders.ttarch WalkingDead102/7_mac_shaders.ttarch is invalid.

I tried also with "Manual Download" but when I click one of the MAC links ("*.ttarchs") the browser shows "Access denied" error on a XML page...

Have you any suggestions???

• User Avatar Image
    In reply to AleVasa

@TelltaleMike thanks for your immediate response, but I spotted another problem following that thread so I can't download the episodes yet.

link

My sincere apologies, we recently updated the locations of those particular files. I have updated the sticky for the new file locations, and you should now be able to manually download the episode files successfully! Here is a link to the Updated Thread.

My sincere apologies, we recently updated the locations of those particular files.

link

@TelltaleMike don't worry! I've just downloaded the second episode by your updated links for manual installation, it seems ok. Another question.. When you say "delete the Temp files from: Mac: ~/Library/.../...", do you intend to remove also the hidden files?

Thanks for your support.

• User Avatar Image
    In reply to AleVasa

@TelltaleMike don't worry! I've just downloaded the second episode by your updated links for manual installation, it seems ok. Another question.. When you say "delete the Temp files from: Mac:

link

I believe it means to delete any and all Temp files from the folder, including the hidden ones. I have checked my local file directory, and I do not have any files in the Temp folder. After doing so, you should be able to proceed through the rest of the steps to be able to play the episodes successfully.

I believe it means to delete any and all Temp files from the folder, including the hidden ones. I have checked my local file directory, and I do not have any files in the Temp folder.

link

@TelltaleMike Perfect... I've just started the second episode and the game works correctly.

Thanks again!

• User Avatar Image
    In reply to AleVasa

@TelltaleMike Perfect... I've just started the second episode and the game works correctly. Thanks again!

link

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

This discussion has been closed.