Menu
User Avatar Image

Would you leave Lilly if she had killed Ben?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

If, instead of Carley or Doug, Ben was killed would you leave Lilly by the road or taker her with you?

189 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Either way, I brought her on my canon playthrough.

Whether or not I regretted it later, I tried to support what fragments of the group I had left.

• I find it funny that people give Kenny a pass for wanting to kill Ben because of Duck/Katjaa, but theft isn't a good enough reason because... freeblibeebs! By what reasonable standard is theft in a post-apocalyptic situation not a good enough reason? That's potentially a slow death sentence, whether by starvation or eventual infection.

To basically cut/paste what I've said elsewhere; it's not like today where if somebody steals your food or drugs you can just head to the grocery store to buy replacements or call up the pharmacy for a refill. And more than anything else, drugs like antibiotics can't be replaced - you can learn to hunt for food, you can boil water to make it drinkable, you get an infection from an injury while working or hunting or a burn from boiling water? Only recourse is to pick a fungus, pray, and hope it works (it probably won't).

By necessity, the death penalty (or its equivalent) would become a lot more common regardless of the crime. There's not a whole lot of man-hours you can expend on due process before it takes time away from little things like survival. Ditto for whatever punishment you'd prefer for the guilty party. Imprison them? More man-hours expended watching them and resources spent on a non-productive group member. Sentence them to hard labour? Again, more man-hours expended to make sure they do it. Exile? Odds are that's just a more inhumane death sentence where you can pretend your hands are clean.

Had Lilly only killed Ben, I would've atleast entertained taking her. There was enough to convince me Ben was guilty too. We didn't necessarily have good evidence Ben was guilty; that's not the same as having no evidence.

• I wanna point out, that while arguing about whether Kenny or Lily were wrong in trying to kill Ben/Carley, we seem to forget that the person we play as is a convicted murderer. And yet, we're all so sad that he died. Why? Why does he get a free pass for killing someone, while Ben doesn't get a free pass for accidentally causing some people's deaths. Lee purposefully murdered the senator, he went into an actual court, and was found guilty. Why did he kill the man? Because he found the man sleeping with his wife. A crime which is less serious than condemning someone to a slow death, or accidentally causing someones death. And yet, Kenny and Lily are horrible people for trying to kill Ben/Carley for this, and yet Lee is a great man, despite killing a man for a relatively minor act. Why does Lee get special treatment?

• We never see the act or anything leading up to Lee's murder and know very little about the circumstances surrounding it. He himself can state it was an accident in episode 2. With Lilly and Kenny we know exactly why they want to kill someone and exactly how it happens. With Lee, there is not enough information to go on.

• @Mornai said: We never see the act or anything leading up to Lee's murder and know very little about the circumstances surrounding it. He himself can state it was an accident in episode 2. With Lilly and Kenny we know exactly why they want to kill someone and exactly how it happens. With Lee, there is not enough information to go on.

He admits that he hurt his wife. He went to court and was sentenced. Lee also is able to say all sorts of different things that aren't true. It's up to the player to decide, but my point is that people shouldn't be so quick to condemn others without looking at the person they got so sad about.

• @anonymau5 said: He admits that he hurt his wife. He went to court and was sentenced. Lee also is able to say all sorts of different things that aren't true. It's up to the player to decide, but my point is that people shouldn't be so quick to condemn others without looking at the person they got so sad about.

When Lee can say people do get sent to jail when they shouldn't in episode 3, this could be a hint that he was innocent but could not be proven so, but i guess it is indeed up to the player to determine if those words are the truth.

• You weren't there, but he at least speaks about it. he was guilty of killing her, but was a victim himself. He wanted a family, but his wife didn't. They had many fights. But that doesn't mean you cheat on the man you married. If you hate him, divorce. Get a restraining order! But don't cheat on your 'lover'. Considering it was a long time before Lee caught her cheating, who knows how long the affair was going on. You don't know how the fight happened. All you know is he was on him, and before he knew it, he had killed the senator. he could have gotten pissed and tried to get him off, and the senator attacked. Lee could have killed him in self-defense, pure rage, or both. No matter what it was a justified killing as "temporarily insane" or mentally impaired. When something like that happens, you just react to the emotions. I feel Lee was innocent; that he wasn't a bad man. But that's what I think.

• @Mornai said: We never see the act or anything leading up to Lee's murder and know very little about the circumstances surrounding it. He himself can state it was an accident in episode 2. With Lilly and Kenny we know exactly why they want to kill someone and exactly how it happens. With Lee, there is not enough information to go on.

So why did Lily wanna kill Carly? She does not have a reason I can think of. Maybe Carly callin Lily out on her bullshit. Not really a reason though.....Lee/Kenny/Larry have all told her she was wrong or to be quiet/shut up. So.....

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: So why did Lily wanna kill Carly? She does not have a reason I can think of. Maybe Carly callin Lily out on her bullshit. Not really a reason though.....Lee/Kenny/Larry have all told her she was wrong or to be quiet/shut up. So.....

Just search up Jaded X Gamer's post history... :p

He goes way more in depth than i ever could about explaining how bad a person Lilly is right from episode 1 and why she would end up doing something like murdering Carley.

I think it was just Carley standing up to her. Lilly's a tyrant and wants everyone to bow before her, and she gets royally pissed if you don't. Combined with losing the motor inn(which she desperately wanted to stay at for no real reason), having a traitor in a group, and losing her father the rage just swelled up inside her and she cracked, killing Carley. It's not a good enough reason for murder, but Lilly didn't care.

• @Mornai said: Just search up Jaded X Gamer's post history... :p

He goes way more in depth than i ever could about explaining how bad a person Lilly is right from episode 1 and why she would end up doing something like murdering Carley.

I think it was just Carley standing up to her. Lilly's a tyrant and wants everyone to bow before her, and she gets royally pissed if you don't. Combined with losing the motor inn(which she desperately wanted to stay at for no real reason), having a traitor in a group, and losing her father the rage just swelled up inside her and she cracked, killing Carley. It's not a good enough reason for murder, but Lilly didn't care.

No. She's a mentally unstable person. Not a "tyrant". She seems to have what's known as a superiority complex, in which you act superior to cover up your own insecurities and feeling inferior to everyone else. She wants to be the leader, and she seems to always has. However, she wasn't able to actually work in the military, and was stuck working a desk job. When she got the chance to be a leader, she jumped at it, not realizing how hard it was to actually lead. She didn't like Kenny because he challenged her, so with the hardships of being a leader in a disaster, along with the death of her father, she was obviously not stable.

As hinted at a few times, she might have been romantically interested in Lee, and yet Carley seemed to be better than her in many ways. She was closer to Lee, was a better shot, and Lee seemed to like Carley more. When Carley pointed out her flaws, she shot her. She obviously did care, but not so much about Carley, but about how everyone else reacted to her killing Carley.

Of course, I'm not a psychologist, so I could be dead wrong. This is just a theory.

Add Comment